Nixon

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure if it’s the Nixon story today but HItC saying that the Sun reports Bruce doesn’t want to return to management until the new year so we have to wait for him to be ready 

We cant keep Jos in a job that long. He shouldn’t have one more game imo. Needs to be gone this week. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

We cant keep Jos in a job that long. He shouldn’t have one more game imo. Needs to be gone this week. 

I agree but if we want Bruce, it means appointing a caretaker and we can’t afford a spell with Bullen in charge after the shambles we saw under his charge last time.

18 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure if it’s the Nixon story today but HItC saying that the Sun reports Bruce doesn’t want to return to management until the new year so we have to wait for him to be ready 

Nixon's story is exactly that. Just regurgitating what Alan Biggs tweeted yesterday. 

Bruce lost both his parents this year so probably wants a rare family Xmas whilst he can. Can’t really blame him for that

Everywhere Bruce goes he seems to have Calderwood as his assistant. Maybe sack Jos and stick calderwood in temporary charge over xmas. Can’t be any worse than what it is now 

To tell somebody he wants to wait until New Year in my opinion is reasonable. He has had family bereavements and Christmas immediately after such an event is always difficult and for once he has chance to be home with family so to ask for a couple of weeks sounds reasonable. I suspect that in run of things two weeks will not make much difference. Just hope when Jos finally leaves we do not end up with hat trick of clowns.

• Like 1

You can’t argue with Bruce’s motives, and he comes across as a really good bloke, but this is a multi £ business going down the pan. If he doesn’t want the job now, shake hands and look elsewhere. 

That said, my guess is that this is more about the money situation at the club, than a fortnight in the Maldives.