Nixon

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nixon is guessing now.

Chansiri has actually exposed him. He gets stuff right but purely guess work in this latest drama.

Yeah, always been the one to say Nixon is bang on , but I think you can tell he’s guessing here 

22 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Why have we all got iyt into our minds that there is a queue of excellent managers simply itching to take over the management at Hillsborough.?

As a club, we do not have, historically, a very good record of recruiting good managers. We are a club that has rotated its managers frequently. We are under the threat of PPF or its successor, we do not have a reputation as fans  of supporting our staff and players at the worst times.

Just because we think that Joe Bloggs will take us to the lofty heights of Premiership land, doesnt mean that he will agree to come. Many players over the years have been approached, and refused to come to S6 Though we may think it as heaven on earth, may feel the opposite, an SIMPLY DON'T WANT THE JOB!..

I was told at the time (by someone itk) that darren ferguson had been warned off the job by his dad as it was a 'poisoned chalice' without investment. also when Irvine was appointed, no one else would take it.

18 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

The FFP will be difficult to get over when trying to get someone in. All clubs have a high turn over of managers so that's not relevant neither is it to say we don't back managers and club this club has held itself back all through the 90's because we didn't do more to get things changed. We have a decent squad to create a base to then add to once FFP is sorted. So scare stories of nobody wants us is unrealistic. Jos should have gone already and Chansiri has caused himself unnecessary add grief by not getting rid and holding the crazy meeting the other night. A caretaker would be better than keeping him in charge.

how do you 'sort ffp', AND keep the 'decent squad'?

Just now, dnhc said:

no, by someone who knew somebody.

why do you think this 'mythical' paper opened with 'IRVINE APPOINTED AS WEDNESDAY MANAGER, AS HE'S THE ONLY BLOKE WHO'D HAVE IT'? on the weekend he was appointed, bit of an admission from the club?

At the time I thought Irvine was a good appointment. My opinion has been null and void ever since.

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

At the time I thought Irvine was a good appointment. My opinion has been null and void ever since.

I thought he was negative in the relegation battle, but started the L1 campaign well enough, perhaps he got the ****s when mm took over and the pressure increased?

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

no, by someone who knew somebody.

why do you think this 'mythical' paper opened with 'IRVINE APPOINTED AS WEDNESDAY MANAGER, AS HE'S THE ONLY BLOKE WHO'D HAVE IT'? on the weekend he was appointed, bit of an admission from the club?

Because they already ran the story about who didn’t want it 

:stuwinky: