Nixon

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i'm asking you to name the paper, that released within 24 hours of his appointment that no one in football management would touch it?

IT WAS PRETTY COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT FERGUSON TURNED THE JOB DOWN DUE TO HIS DADS ADVICE!

On 18/12/2018 at 22:26, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Forget talk of Bruce. If Jos was going he'd have gone.

This is what we've got for now and for the foreseeable future.

I can't believe chansiri actually wants to keep jos. He was hardly going to answer questions like

"Can we not afford to sack jos?"

With

"Yes we can, I'm currently trying to find a suitable replacement before sacking him though. So please don't tell him"

4 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

IT WAS PRETTY COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT FERGUSON TURNED THE JOB DOWN DUE TO HIS DADS ADVICE!

yes it was. 

i'm referring to was it common knowledge that only alan Irvine would take the wednesday job at the time? that everyone else approached had turned it down?, and what newspaper carried it within 24 hours of his appointment?

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

yes it was. 

i'm referring to was it common knowledge that only alan Irvine would take the wednesday job at the time? that everyone else approached had turned it down?, and what newspaper carried it within 24 hours of his appointment?

Yes it was in the paper.

43 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I was told at the time (by someone itk) that darren ferguson had been warned off the job by his dad as it was a 'poisoned chalice' without investment. also when Irvine was appointed, no one else would take it.

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

yes it was. 

Bring those goalposts back please.

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

I can't remember, it's approaching 9 years ago.

exactly!

people can't remember. 

but I can, I was at a party when a bloke who I had attend Hillsborough with came up and told me (he had been itk in the past). I remember the sick feeling I got when realising we were that big a pariah in football. 

that bombshell may have eventually found it's way into the press, but not inside 24 hours.