Sunderland ‘Til I Die - A terrifying watch

SkegHubro

1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Correct, his job was to stop the club losing money and find new owners. He was dealing with the hand he was dealt by his boss.

Loved the bit at the end of episode 5 I think it was when he gets the call about Rodwell staying and he goes off swearing into his office.

Could see even with the snippets the likes of Gibson and what happened with Chris Martin how hard it can be with deals etc.

also that Home game vs milwall has to be the worst game for standards of goalkeeping ever!

Finished it the other day and a collection of thoughts:

- actually felt Martin Bain came off quite well in the process, was trying hard in an impeccably difficult situation 

- I thought the reason why Rodwell didn’t play was due to an appearance owed to Man City if he played another game? Is that wrong?

- Grayson is an impeccably dull and uninspiring manager, just one look at his potato face and I’m staggered anyone wants to ever do anything inspiring 

- Documentary did a remarkable job of making David Jones’ screamer look impeccably tame 

- Hated the pronounced sound effects of people kicking a ball

- Theme tune was the shittest thing ever

Edited by Owl Rly
Spelling

I enjoyed watching it, although I felt that it probably could have been a couple of episodes shorter. There was too much gameplay I felt.

As I saw Jonny Williams - a truly likeable, humble and throughly talented player whose career is being ruined by injuries - I couldn’t help but think of Kieran Lee

Grayson came across as a doddery old bloke, Coleman as a - albeit a bit smarmy - man of the people and I thought Bain came across exactly who he was - a focused executive carrying out the wishes of his boss...without any real chance to do anything differently.

seen a lot of people mention Grabban, but I thought by far and away the biggest jebend was Jason Steele

Shows that if the owner has got bored, fed up of ploughing in money for no return, or has lost faith in the management of the club; then there’s nothing the club can do. 

And that supporters don’t seem to understand this and expect someone to donate their own money to please them. 

Makes you more aware that the organisation / set up of a club is key for long term success and that it’s best to not have one person making all the calls

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Munich

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia_Dortmund

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona

Also make you wonder why Brighton bought Jason Steele 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2019 at 13:32, Owl Rly said:

Finished it the other day and a collection of thoughts:

- actually felt Martin Bain came off quite well in the process, was trying hard in an impeccably difficult situation 

- I thought the reason why Rodwell didn’t play was due to an appearance owed to Man City if he played another game? Is that wrong?

- Grayson is an impeccably dull and uninspiring manager, just one look at his potato face and I’m staggered anyone wants to ever do anything inspiring 

- Documentary did a remarkable job of making David Jones’ screamer look impeccably tame 

- Hated the pronounced sound effects of people kicking a ball

- Theme tune was the shittest thing ever

Potato face lol

Just started watching this, currently up to episode 6

My thoughts-

Bain comes across as a reyt smarmy git 

Rodwell, Steele and Grabben seem like proper jebends 

The Sunderland fans are the angriest set of malnourished roughians that I’ve ever seen

That intro is the most annoying thing I’ve seen in a long while

10 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Just curious as why some are calling out Jason Steele in the documentary?

Was it because of his goalkeeping skills ? He was better than the  Dutch goalie, jeez he was bad.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I thought it captured the atmosphere of a club that is stale and suffering so well. The shocking keeping, the full physio room, the almost eerily quiet dressing room with hardly any interaction. Managers trying to be positive and dishing out sound bytes. Half empty stadium. 

The only ones who remain jovial are the staff who have worked there for years but they suffer too.

On 25/06/2019 at 14:19, unkastav said:

I love the Juventus one on netflix. Immense club

I agree, was really good and what a spirit running through the club.

Surprised to see the Allianz stadium only holds 41,500.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

5 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

I agree, was really good and what a spirit running through the club.

Surprised to see the Allianz stadium only holds 41,500.

Me too, you’d think 60,000 atleast? Id imagine every game is sold out for sure