Sidibe found it difficult as well

Guest LittleG
9 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

I'm going against the popular opinion here (well, assuming the comments above are representative of the population) but I fully agree with Sidibe. Yes, I know all the arguments - they should feel honoured to play for Wednesday, even to be a pro footballer, on their money they should need no motivation, why don't they just man up - but after all they are human beings. And they even get booed when they put in a shift but things don't come off for them. Which is what the current squad are doing all the time: they work really hard but they play so nervy they are snatching at passes, crosses and shots, plus avoiding trying things that might make them look stupid if they don't come off. 

It's not all the fan's fault - no one is saying that. But fans have their part to pay. 

I hear what you're saying but the players / management have got to take the major share of the blame. Once the game kicks off, all we expect is for the team to start with more energy, have a go, put pressure on and take the game to the opposition; if they did this the crowd would get behind them. Instead what we are treated to from the first minute is dour, negative, defensive football which no fan can be expected to cheer. I stated management because it may well be that the players are instructed to play like this.

All I ever ask for is effort and attitude. 

I’ll never have a go at a player for a lack of talent, but a lack of effort, or pulling out of tackles, or just hiding in a match. No. Not good enough. 

Some of this may be fear or nervousness but then it’s up to the club to manage this.  Do we even employ a sport psychologist?

We get on their backs because they are underachieving. Apart from 2 or 3 they don't seem to care

We don't expect to win 5-0 every match but we do expect to see effort and commitment

These players earn in a week what we earn in a year so boo hoo if they can't handle a bit of flack

They were all loving the atmosphere when they were working their testicles off and winning games.

Big club, big expectations, even bigger expectations under this ownership- it’s bound to be hostile when the football is poo and we aren’t winning games. 

Times like this seperate the men from the mice. We have too many mice at the moment.

Theres defo something in this. People rarely respond well to being under pressure and constant critisism. Whilst outrageously overpaid, footballers are usually no different to the everyday person. 

Imagine every day your boss watching you and your every move closely. Your every mistake pointed out and blown up out of all proportion. Also Imagine your boss constantly critisising your work no matter how hard you try. Imagine that every single day. Nobody would be able to work well under that.

Now imagine that pressure from 25k bosses every week, all of whom dont give a flying crap about you, your life, your feelings or anything else that you may have going on. Imagine that even when you do win a game you still get called out for being crap ect. The pressure must be immense. Yeah they get paid well but the reality is they are still just human beings.

Its easy to see the morale in the squad is low, also no doubt the managements tactical style is not helping. Each problem feeds into the other and probably puts us on the back foot each game before a ball is even kicked. Nobody in that team really wants to lose games, especially when they know the shyte that they are going to be facing if it does happen. This makes plqyers play within themselves and not do the things that we know they can do. Wins breed confidence, same as a happy workforce is a productive workforce. However, kicking them when they are already down will not do anything but keep them down.

I think we as fans need to sometimes step back a bit and realise theres more than just what we think going on. Whilst you dont have to be happy about losing, we still need to get behind the team and support them all the way, in each and every game. Theres nowt we can do about team selection, of players frozen out. Yet we can still try and support those that are out there and give them some reason to put a shift in for us.

2 hours ago, MartinOwlMan said:

I'm going against the popular opinion here (well, assuming the comments above are representative of the population) but I fully agree with Sidibe. Yes, I know all the arguments - they should feel honoured to play for Wednesday, even to be a pro footballer, on their money they should need no motivation, why don't they just man up - but after all they are human beings. And they even get booed when they put in a shift but things don't come off for them. Which is what the current squad are doing all the time: they work really hard but they play so nervy they are snatching at passes, crosses and shots, plus avoiding trying things that might make them look stupid if they don't come off. 

It's not all the fan's fault - no one is saying that. But fans have their part to pay. 

It gets mentioned often this. He wouldn't be the first. Carlos used to drop hints about it, many a player before has mentioned the negativity at Hillsborough.

The stadium itself isn't covered in glory, is it. I do wonder what kind of subconscious influence our environment has.

It actually doesn't matter if you earn 40k per week, or drive a 2 seater Bentley, footballers are human, who experience the same thoughts/feelings as we do. 

Pay me 100k per week. I would still struggle in front of the s6 lynch mob, would make mistakes, would feel pressure, would feel nervous.

"Come and sit up ere____" one of my Dad's go too Wednesday put downs.

What we need is a encouragement.

Think about your own life, do you have anyone encouraging you?

Sometimes it's all we need. Touch of encouragement, and away we go, limitless.

3 hours ago, MartinOwlMan said:

cI'm going against the popular opinion here (well, assuming the comments above are representative of the population) but I fully agree with Sidibe. Yes, I know all the arguments - they should feel honoured to play for Wednesday, even to be a pro footballer, on their money they should need no motivation, why don't they just man up - but after all they are human beings. And they even get booed when they put in a shift but things don't come off for them. Which is what the current squad are doing all the time: they work really hard but they play so nervy they are snatching at passes, crosses and shots, plus avoiding trying things that might make them look stupid if they don't come off. 

they can't control a football because they're cack, not because they got booed.

they s**t themselves during a game because they know they are cack, instead of showing some grit rolling up their sleeves, and lifting their 'best' to a higher standard.

there's only really one person who can 'ignite' that 'passion' (sorry to those very few who think 'passion' has no place in football, or sport for that matter) and that is 'the manager', DON'T HOLD YER BREATH, it might be a while.