Dross

Guest The Claw

25 minutes ago, The Claw said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-opens-up-on-sheffield-wednesday-criticism-1-9494577

were not respectful - Jesus - pay your money and keep your mouth shut, gods own will be empty then what? 

I’m  not a fan of him at all and want him to go...but I didn’t see anything wrong with what he said in that article.

23 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I’m  not a fan of him at all and want him to go...but I didn’t see anything wrong with what he said in that article.

I agree, football is all about opinions, understand what he says to a point but side with the 20,000 fans at the last game expressing their opinion that his time is up.

In the UK you earn respect it must not be assumed.

As a football manager that means proving to the fans you are picking your best available side, have a solid tactical plan, can come up with a Plan B,  intervene when it goes wrong, be proactive in substitutions, talk honestly.

Now tell me from the above why he hasn't earned our respect

a man once said 

”some people need to stop living in the past and live in today because today is the reality and it isn’t the same two years ago” 

if I can only remember who that was to reference it. It could help our Jos out .......

Guest LittleG

Moaning about disrespect is not going to help him or the club; he's just driving that wedge in deeper so that the gap between him and the fans gets wider!

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

In the UK you earn respect it must not be assumed.

As a football manager that means proving to the fans you are picking your best available side, have a solid tactical plan, can come up with a Plan B,  intervene when it goes wrong, be proactive in substitutions, talk honestly.

Now tell me from the above why he hasn't earned our respect

Is it different abroad then?

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Is it different abroad then?

Not really. Just looked at Stuttgart's head coach history on Wikipedia and they never seem to last more than 1-3 years. Last time they had one stay for longer than 3 years was the early 1960s. 

It's the same the world over, incompetent managers blame anybody but themselves. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Not really. Just looked at Stuttgart's head coach history on Wikipedia and they never seem to last more than 1-3 years. Last time they had one stay for longer than 3 years was the early 1960s. 

It's the same the world over, incompetent managers blame anybody but themselves. 

But respect, is it earned or assumed?

His reputation in Germany means nothing in the English Championship. 

Chanting for him to be sacked is a difficult one. I don’t like to see people lose their jobs, but it’s part of football. Players and managers have received far worse abuse, some of it extremely personal and pretty vile. Chanting for a change of manager is tame in comparison. 

Much like the Tom Lees stuff a few days back, players and managers can never make a situation better by talking about hostile fans. It never makes things better. At best, it breeds just a little more resentment. At worst, it produces open hostility. Like it or not, the only positive response players and managers can give is on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, The Claw said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-opens-up-on-sheffield-wednesday-criticism-1-9494577

were not respectful - Jesus - pay your money and keep your mouth shut, gods own will be empty then what? 

I hope we get another mullering today. Up the Swans. Get this guy gone.