Van Aken

Give the poor lad a break.

We were all raving over him when he signed - finally we had a ball playing centre half that we all wanted. 

His confidence has never been the same since Sheff Utd took the wee wee that dark day at Hillsborough and since then he’s been injured.

I certainly haven’t given up hope yet with him. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think he will come good. Was thrust into the team at the worst possible time and never recovered. 

Wouldnt mind seeing him in a DM role, he can knock the ball around really well but he’s defensively nieve. Plus this’ll allow Bannan to get further up the pitch and not coming nicking the ball off our Centre halves

2 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Wouldnt mind seeing him in a DM role, he can knock the ball around really well but he’s defensively nieve. Plus this’ll allow Bannan to get further up the pitch and not coming nicking the ball off our Centre halves

The problem here is that a DM has to hold his position. If Bannan moves forward, suddenly the midfield looks empty. Would maybe work with a fully fit Lee playing. 

To be fair to him, a fair few of us were pretty optimistic about this signing, in his first months he was spraying the ball around from the back brilliantly but seemed prone to the odd mistakes, I thought let’s just get those mistakes sorted out and we’ve got a quality player here.

Trouble is after continuing to make the mistakes the confidence went and the passing got worse then injury 

I still think there could be a quality player in there with the right coaching

5 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Give the poor lad a break.

We were all raving over him when he signed - finally we had a ball playing centre half that we all wanted. 

His confidence has never been the same since Sheff Utd took the wee wee that dark day at Hillsborough and since then he’s been injured.

I certainly haven’t given up hope yet with him. 

Yeah I’d agree with this. 

Was it Forest at home that was his debut? I honestly thought that day after watching him that he would be in the premier league this season with or without us.

I had quite a lot of optimism initially when he first came could pass a ball, looked good striding out of defence, tall, but lost faith in him soon after, seemed to turn like the "Titanic" and got cought out of position a lot. Since then got injured and dissappeared, He's contributed that little since he signed I actually started to call him VanAbdi! lol

• Haha 2