Need your help.

9 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

This was a fantastic thing to read considering the shocking story behind it but it’s inspirational mate truly I hope your ok also seems like you’ve been through a lot :(. (Btw the sad face I put was because it hit me that very emotional to read tbf) 

I was hoping it would be inspirational, so thanks @Lomas613. I hope that Craig and his family can maybe find some inspiration, strength and hope through it too.

I mention my story only to show that I am speaking from a position of experience. I hope that adds some weight to my comments and gives greater hope to Craig and his family.

13 hours ago, Craig7484 said:

Thank you for all your lovely messages.  All the family have been reading through them all.  

It's the very least we can all do.

I really do hope you look after each other and remember the best of your dad. I lost mine at the beginning of 2015 after he went into hospital on Christmas Eve just a few weeks before. He had Parkinson's and dementia and then passed away from pneumonia. Christmas for me, my mum and sister isn't a happy affair any more. I think you'll be burdened with the same but after the initial grieving you'll think of your dad at some really odd times - he'll just pop into your thoughts. You'll always remember him and what wouldn't we give to go back to some of those moments in more than just memory? The pain is only made bearable by love and the price of a memory is the pain of the sorrow it brings.

I was wondering whether to put this last bit but have decided to as I think it may help so please accept it as me wanting to share something with you and others reading this, but I'd like to after reading all the comments here and thinking about your loss...

It was nearly, exactly, 24 hours after his death that I dreamt of my dad. That strange time between being awake and sleeping; where dreams are at their most lucid. In my dream, my dad watched over me as I played for a time and then, afterwards, we walked together through a field of grass, talking with each other. Finally, he stood with me on the edges of the field, looking out towards a line of trees - the forest floor dark under their boughs. He told me that he was proud of me, that I had all that I needed to continue on, and that he would always be with me. I woke suddenly from my dream and remember looking at the time - 7.37 am. It's burned into my memory. I'll never forget it. And I know all this was just my mind making sense of what had happened, ordering and rationalising my thoughts and experiences - but to live in the thoughts and hearts of those we leave behind is not to die. It may sound mushy and trite but I think it's true, whatever religion (or not) or beliefs we may have; memories are so important and we need to hold onto those good ones. They are so very precious and important.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

so very sorry for your loss Craig, keep your chin up pal                                                                                                                                                                                                        R.I.P Graham