Owls watching Tranmere player

31 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Who w that last bloke we got from tranmere? Think it was in Irvine time, a striker my memory is fading. 

You talking about Ryan Lowe? Megson signed him.

Edit: played for Tranmere afterwards, it was Bury we got him from 

Edited by Castleford Owl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I think he's about 6 goals ahead of the rest of the division. Only been playing professionally for a couple of years. Late bloomer. Ian Wright didn't get to Arsenal until he was 28.

Don't shoot the messenger, just what my mate who watches them says. Don't know him myself, but another striker?

If true, always a big If with rumours like these. I have no problem if we are trying to sign players from the divisions below if they are the best players in that league.

There is some real quality down the leagues. Norwood coming into his prime, suppose it’d be nicer if he was younger, but beggars can’t be choosers and all that. 

Whilst we have an abundance of strikers now, next season I think many will be moved on.

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Nice to see we're planning ahead for a change. Clearly getting the squad ready for League 1.

Sadly, if this is true, that’s how I see it. Leaving out our better, more experienced players, and blooding youngsters, who are mostly not yet ready for Championship football. Under DC, we’ve gone from signing attackers like Forestieri, Hooper and Joao, through the likes of Rhodes and Winnall, and ending up with bloody James Norwood

Edited by gurujuan

4 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Lucas ain't doing too shabbily this season taking everything into consideration. Then Winnall should be back in a couple more weeks and hopefully he can find his form again. Serious question here ; do you think Lucas and Winnall could form a partnership if tried ?

Clearly no, due to the fact that the concrete blimp has to play and be part of any forward pairing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

You talking about Ryan Lowe? Megson signed him.

Edit: played for Tranmere afterwards, it was Bury we got him from 

I liked Ryan Lowe. Proper goal scorer. Dying breed. 

Think he deserved a shot at the Championship, but Dave Jones sold him to MK Dons if I remember rightly? 

Watched Norwood regularly for Forest Green Rovers 2011-2014. Best described as 'mercurial'. On his day he looked the best player in the Conference and regularly appeared in the 'Team of the Week'.  Not the biggest forward.  Sometimes the bruisers in that League crushed him out of games - coupled with FGR's general level of incompetence at that time.  He can actually play football, which is not something all our squad can boast.

He’s definitely not a Championship standard player (so he’s a dead cert to be signed !) but he’s been decent in the lower leagues. Apparently he’s got discipline issues too - which make him an even more of a cert. Is this really the level of player we are trying to attract - if so were doomed!!!!

:duntmatter:

UP THE OWLS!!

Even at 28, if hes any good, id say hes got at least 5 good years in him. So depending on price, no problem with his age. 

However as always, money how? When? 

Unless we encounter something we dont know before the transfer window. (god only knows)