Owls watching Tranmere player

Just now, Adem Poric said:

This is true. We have a bid in for him and he's expected to join in January - unless someone else comes in. 

Tranmere fan I work with is gutted, said he's the best player they've had in 10-15 years.

Is your mate watching Tranmere ladies...

All about opinions.

Bit like us and Nuhiu, some say he is rubbish and some totally disagree and think he is crap!

• Haha 3

Wouldn’t be against this if we’re having a clear out both hooper and fletcher will be gone in the summer 

maybe selling Rhodes on loan with a view to sell and saleable assets in Joao and Fessi when fit there options to move in the striker department we should be looking 

Are Chansiri and Paixao obsessed with strikers? 

It really isn’t the issue. We have Fletcher, Joao and Winnall coming back. All capable of scoring a lot of goals at this level but we need to play to their strengths. That means getting good wide players in. Have they learnt nothing from spunking 10 million on Jordan Rhodes? 

If true it shows to me the club are not learning from their mistakes. Plus he’s 28. Classic.

38 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Is your mate watching Tranmere ladies...

All about opinions.

Bit like us and Nuhiu, some say he is rubbish and some totally disagree and think he is crap!

I think he's about 6 goals ahead of the rest of the division. Only been playing professionally for a couple of years. Late bloomer. Ian Wright didn't get to Arsenal until he was 28.

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I think he's about 6 goals ahead of the rest of the division. Only been playing professionally for a couple of years. Late bloomer. Ian Wright didn't get to Arsenal until he was 28.

Bit different, he joined Palace aged 21 and was playing at second tier and then top flight level before moving to Arsenal

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Are Chansiri and Paixao obsessed with strikers? 

It really isn’t the issue. We have Fletcher, Joao and Winnall coming back. All capable of scoring a lot of goals at this level but we need to play to their strengths. That means getting good wide players in. Have they learnt nothing from spunking 10 million on Jordan Rhodes? 

If true it shows to me the club are not learning from their mistakes. Plus he’s 28. Classic.

Not to mention hooper coming back 

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Let’s assume Winnall and Hooper don’t play again this season... Joao get injured... we are up poo creek so yes I can understand why we would want to bring in another striker. 

I reckon that IF we see Hooper again it won't be until the last few matches of the season. Just my opinion on what Jos said in one of his interviews a few weeks back.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Apparently we are monitoring Norwood the Tranmere striker, who is 28 Very odd

Why not up front we are very short of players, we only have the 4 fit strikers and Matias and Reach that also play there with the 3 strikers we have out.

In other news fans want Pelupessy to play right back due to having no seniors championship quality right back or left back at the whole club.

I think we should be using what ever money we have to shore up the defense that the attacking department.

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Was it Ian Nolan? A very expensive yet mediocre full back.

I would not say he was that bad, very rarely injured played 30 games a season from 1994- 2000 a good servant to the club in both thick and thinner times.

As a kid I always called him Noland and his twin Marc De Gryse played for us for a season.