BingleyOwl

Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There was a clue in the announcement  about the meeting  from the club . I think he has an agenda at this meeting. 

Sheffield Wednesday will host an open fans' forum at Hillsborough on Thursday 20 December.

Dejphon Chansiri will lead the forum, taking questions on everything relative to our club, on and off the field.

No subject will be off the agenda and the chairman is urging in particular any fans who use the platform of social media to leave untrue and potentially damaging posts to attend and address any concerning issues face to face.

Haha...looks like some screening of applicants may be in place...is Neil helping him out...IP addresses of main offenders? UTO.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

it’s a bizarre thing to request from anyone, what’s the problem with reporting on the evening? Or telling or speculating what exactly is he afraid off? 

Exactly mate 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Exactly mate 

DC needs to get his head into 2018 

• Agree 1

I said it earlier but I really do think Chansiri's just manufacturing this forum so the outcome is he can simply walk away, perhaps chucking the club into financial oblivion. I appreciate he's spent a lot, but it's money he can easily afford to lose so those that think this can't happen purely based on the investment he's made so far could be in for a rude awakening. As Admiral Ackbar would say...

image.png.34c7174fcb2335e572b2a12c141bfa4b.png

5 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Haha...looks like some screening of applicants may be in place...is Neil helping him out...IP addresses of main offenders? UTO.

UTO Mrs Hall, UTO.

• Haha 1

This is going to be an utter car crash unless he sacks Jos before or announces he’s selling up/found new investment. I have no confidence in either happening TBH.

• Agree 1

I don’t fully understand why Chansiri should not be exempt from justified criticism, my worry is this forum is orchestrated to worship the guy. He needs a dose of reality, both about the club and his stewardship so far.

However, abusing him isn’t the right way. Just hope he listens to the voices of reason and opens his eyes. 

• Agree 2

He's buried 2 managers in his drive to "earn respect". 

His FFP record is testimony to ambition without preparation.

It's obvious the players don't respect him. 

The next manager 'll be playing the tea-ladies. 

Let's be truthful, and show him the respect he deserves.

He will get a little more respect if the manager has gone by then. If Jos is still the manager I think it might end up the forum from hell. Chansiri seems like a decent guy but we are starting to see just how out of his depth he is when it comes to football matters. He has this ridiculous faith even when things are at their worse. I don't think he can accept critism of himself in that he might be the guy getting things wrong. When Carvalhal went and things started to turn against us we all wanted to see some new faces but a year later we still have the nucleus of a stale duff squad. I still don't understand his quote that he doesnt sell HIS players. Well you had better start doing something soon pal of this bloated squad could well get relegated. Jos has to go and I want to see an english manager in charge who we and the players all understand. I want to see some Jürgen Klopp passion on the touchline. I don't care how much respect and what success he had in Germany. He's now manager in the toughest second tier in the world and starting to show he can't handle it. How manay games of late has he just looked like Mr. Glum in the dugout? How is that an inspiration to a team?

As for Chansiri it's all very well having these occasional fans forums (well two) but I'm more concerned that S6 seems to have turned into a closed shop as far as fans are concerned. We have to ask each other weekly whats going on with players becuase the news and progress of players is so thin on the ground. They are quite happy to tell you about all things non football though. I thank him for some exciting times but I know would be just as pleased to see him put the club up for sale as I would for Jos to go. It's alright for him, he's seen 2-bad years. We have fans here who have put up with this kind of season for decades, in my case six. Sheffield Wednesday football club continues to be a basketcase.

They should ask for questions in advance so they can gauge the main points of concern. And run the meeting through an independent chair who can act as a proxy fan and ask follow up questions. Otherwise I don’t see how a meeting with a thousand fans present can be anything other than total chaos. 

• Agree 7

I understand why people want Jos gone, and I agree that it would be best if he went. But no matter the manager the underlying problems are still there. I fear that the focus is on the manager and the reel problems won’t get answered, especially if jos goes before the meeting.

I’ve worked at a company where really talented managers have failed, moved to another company and succeeded. The difference between the companies was the ownership, direction and culture.  Feels a bit like we all put our pitch forks down once the manager has gone and think everything will be ok.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kenilworth Owl said:

I fear that the focus is on the manager and the reel problems won’t get answered, especially if jos goes before the meeting.

It's what I said at the last one and this will be no different. If Jos is still manager come Thursday, he's as good as said he is sticking by him without opening his mouth.

22 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They should ask for questions in advance so they can gauge the main points of concern. And run the meeting through an independent chair who can act as a proxy fan and ask follow up questions. Otherwise I don’t see how a meeting with a thousand fans present can be anything other than total chaos. 

That just gives them a way of swerving issues they fell uncomfortable with.  

Chansiri has treated the fans with no respect since day one.

Covered up by people that just saw the cheque book.

As I already said, any owner that was willing to tear up the signed contracts from

box holders because the club had reached the play off final, deserves what he gets.

• Agree 8

I don't think any of us think everything will be okay just by getting rid of the manager but we have to start somewhere. The focus will always be on results and most managers with this abysmal  record don't survive. We don't even have the old Carvalhal excuse of "before today, we only lost 1 in 6". The difference then was we drew a lot of games whereas now we are getting soundly beat.

Edited by chrisd0407

On 12/12/2018 at 20:28, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

Not sure DC deserves any respect. To persist with the current  manager is yet another unfashionable decision. I'd be delighted if he announced he wanted to sell up.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

It's what I said at the last one and this will be no different. If Jos is still manager come Thursday, he's as good as said he is sticking by him without opening his mouth.

"If Jos is still manager"

It's incredible that we're still having to debate it.

The way this club is being run is a f£&@ing joke.

• Agree 1

We hear a lot about ‘Thai culture’.

What a load of balls!

The Leicester owners and him couldn’t have acted more differently from day one.

Its like Jonny Foreigner trying to compare Daniel Levy and Dave Allen by talking about ‘English culture’.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Agree 3