Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

Premiership prices for league one football

And blamed for it.

We failed to get promotion, failed again. And have been on a one way journey downwards since.

We have a new pitch and scoreboard - these things are classed as normal everyday improvements that after so many years, a club

would have to do anyhow. 

A pitch and a scoreboard is not success

There has been nothing else.  That's it.
Woefully mismanaged, fleeced and ill advised by Doyen and their flunkies.

That's failure, for a chairman to not act and recognise

And STILL he's being advised, lol  You couldn't make it up.

Like many have said, nice fella, good intentions,

But where has it gotten us ?  Mad crazy prices, fans unable to go, young people unable to go and start to be a fan.
Shirts, no shirts, merchandise, no merchandise and as for the 150th for one of the oldest clubs in the World.... THE WORLD
SHAMBOLIC !!!!!
It's one comedy error after another

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

He isn't thou is he, he can't afford to flush 100m+ down theshitter.

Correct and nobody will pay £100 million  plus to buy us  so people have to be respectful to the man and keep him on side if he stops subsidising the club it will be catastrophic 

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Correct and nobody will pay £100 million  plus to buy us  so people have to be respectful to the man and keep him on side if he stops subsidising the club it will be catastrophic 

He won't stop subsidising the club he can't afford for his investment to go South, that's not an excuse to lay into him but respect is a two way street and he needs us more than we need him.

38 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He won't stop subsidising the club he can't afford for his investment to go South, that's not an excuse to lay into him but respect is a two way street and he needs us more than we need him.

he needs to stop blaming us and look in the mirror

And if he gets rid of the people fleecing him and the fans, then he'll have nothing but respect. Even if we go down.
But the way the club, and our chairman's being plundered and fleeced is like watching a train crash.

Come on DC, get rid of these scum

Edited by quinnssweetshop

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

he needs to stop blaming us and look in the mirror

And if he gets rid of the people fleecing him and the fans, then he'll have nothing but respect. Even if we go down.
But the way the club, and our chairman's being plundered and fleeced is like watching a train crash.

Come on DC, get rid of these scum

Appointing someone like Bruce, Jokanovic et al means the days of Paxo's free dinner is coming to an end and I for one will be more encouraged with the direction we will be embarking on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

He needs to respect Sheffield culture too, ie stop taking the kick and openly ripping us off

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He isn't thou is he, he can't afford to flush 100m+ down theshitter.

In the grand scheme of things and with regard to his total wealth, the money he’s spent at Wednesday is probably fairly minimal and I doubt he’s too worried about it.

If he pulled the plug and ran, we’d be in a far worse position than he’d be. 

Wealthy businessman buy and pour money into second tier English clubs for status and hobby purposes, not to make money. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

And that I agree with. Hence the reason I mentioned our short term success in my original post.

However, in terms of long term financial security, our future is extremely bright with him in charge. In fact, it's probably brighter than it has ever been, in all of our existence. Currently, we are restricted with regard to money we can spend. However, we are still solvent, we still have a very wealthy businessman in charge, we are playing in our own colours, we still own our stadium... I could go on. 

Why is it extremely bright?- the peasants are already revolting, how dare they?

I hope he sells up but he could continue acting like a spoilt child, take what money he can out, fail to sell as he asks too much and put us into administration.

35 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

In the grand scheme of things and with regard to his total wealth, the money he’s spent at Wednesday is probably fairly minimal and I doubt he’s too worried about it.

If he pulled the plug and ran, we’d be in a far worse position than he’d be. 

Wealthy businessman buy and pour money into second tier English clubs for status and hobby purposes, not to make money. 

He isn't a wealthy businessman, he is the son of a wealthy businessman, there is a difference.

There is not one scrap of supporting evidence to suggest he has been successful at anything.

12 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

The "losing face" bit is part of the problem in my opinion. I prefer to call it stubbornness and its a bit like banging your head against a brick wall. That's why these forums are a waste of time as he doesn't seem prepared to listen.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

He isn't a wealthy businessman, he is the son of a wealthy businessman, there is a difference.

There is not one scrap of supporting evidence to suggest he has been successful at anything.

Yes, But we should walk on egg shells and bow down to him when we show our displeasure or he might go home with his bat and ball.  The Boot licking, Brown-nosers are already out in force already telling everyone how to behave so we don't hurt his feelings.

I don't care about his dads wealth as this isn't worth anything if you don't have the good sense to actually spend it, I just care about how he is going to get us out for this self inflicted mess and if he can't do that then he should do the decent thing and sell up. Respect is a two way street and he needs to be told we are not happy with the choices he has made and in his very poor running of the club in general starting with the dead duck manager still hanging around like a bad smell.The 150 Year celebrations were pathetic at best and at worse and insult to the clubs history.

Hopefully the bigger venue will give people the chance to actual confront him about the slide under his tenure and ask him some probing questions without swearing or ranting aggressively and without the usual back slapping love fest of the other fans forums.

• Thanks 1

Just for a bit of balance, before Chansiri invested in us, our line up was

Kirkland 

Vermijl
Lees
Buxton
Helan

Lee

Semedo
Melo
Maguire

Lavery

Keane

He's made a lot of mistakes but we are much better off with him than without him

We're sh*t at the minute but we'll get better again, under MM we were never going to be anything more than a bottom half team year after year.

32 minutes ago, Prince said:

Yes, But we should walk on egg shells and bow down to him when we show our displeasure or he might go home with his bat and ball.  The Boot licking, Brown-nosers are already out in force already telling everyone how to behave so we don't hurt his feelings.

I don't care about his dads wealth as this isn't worth anything if you don't have the good sense to actually spend it, I just care about how he is going to get us out for this self inflicted mess and if he can't do that then he should do the decent thing and sell up. Respect is a two way street and he needs to be told we are not happy with the choices he has made and in his very poor running of the club in general starting with the dead duck manager still hanging around like a bad smell.The 150 Year celebrations were pathetic at best and at worse and insult to the clubs history.

Hopefully the bigger venue will give people the chance to actual confront him about the slide under his tenure and ask him some probing questions without swearing or ranting aggressively and without the usual back slapping love fest of the other fans forums.

This.

Let's see a bit if respect from DC for the fans.

He can start by apologising and accepting accountability for his disasterous reign so far.

40 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Just for a bit of balance, before Chansiri invested in us, our line up was

Kirkland 

Vermijl
Lees
Buxton
Helan

Lee

Semedo
Melo
Maguire

Lavery

Keane

He's made a lot of mistakes but we are much better off with him than without him

We're sh*t at the minute but we'll get better again, under MM we were never going to be anything more than a bottom half team year after year.

That line is solid if unspectacular, under a solid if unspectacular manager.

The ticket prices while not cheap were about average for the league.

I didn't feel disconnected from the club I had supported for over 35 years like I do now.

Hand on heart I much prefer Wednesday then to now. 

BTW I think Melo and Vermijl were brought on Chansiri first day and were players Stuart Gray had never heard of before.

Edited by matthefish2002

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

That line is solid if unspectacular, under a solid if unspectacular manager.

The ticket prices while not cheap were about average for the league.

I didn't feel disconnected from the club I had supported for over 35 years like I do now.

Hand on heart I much prefer Wednesday then to now. 

BTW I think Melo and Vermijl were brought on Chansiri first day and were players Stuart Gray had never heard of before.

That's fair enough, don't think anyone can defend the ticket prices whilst we're as bad as we are and like I said, many mistakes have been made.

Personally prefer a squad with Forestieri, Bannan, Westwood (:laugh:), Joao, Hooper, Winnall etc., under a good manager we could be a decent team. As soon as we're playing well and winning, 95% of the problems go away and attendances shoot back up again.

@ Opening Poster

Its fine being respectful, not a problem .. but I really hope some hard hitting questions are asked and people don't cat foot about asking stupid inane ones or hiding from the serious issues at the club.

I hope we get civil answers as well and honest ones instead of beating around the bush and the chairman ranting on about how its the fans fault for everything!

I'm going to the forum. If I get the chance I'll ask my question respectfully, listen the the answer and maybe try to follow up depending on said answer. No swearing or shouting. 

There is plenty to be put right at Hillsborough. We are going through a tough period at the minute and it looks increasingly likely that new management may be incoming and few would argue with that. 

The OP was asking that forum goers be respectful, that is all. Costs nowt does it? 

Most of the self important narcissistic types who are spouting on here won't be going anyway. They'll keep bashing the keyboard, legends in their own head space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I'm going to the forum. If I get the chance I'll ask my question respectfully, listen the the answer and maybe try to follow up depending on said answer. No swearing or shouting. 

There is plenty to be put right at Hillsborough. We are going through a tough period at the minute and it looks increasingly likely that new management may be incoming and few would argue with that. 

The OP was asking that forum goers be respectful, that is all. Costs nowt does it? 

Most of the self important narcissistic types who are spouting on here won't be going anyway. They'll keep bashing the keyboard, legends in their own head space. 

None of the persistent serial club critics will be going to this... they never do...

I'm working 12 hour nights per usual but would have loved to have gone to this one with it being a bigger venue.

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 1