Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

You can argue about financial planning all you want, but for me at some point to get out of this league you need to take a risk. He showed he had the balls to take it in all fairness. Unfortunately for us it diddnt work out. And now where paying the price. I agree he’s had bad advise from the people who are paid to give him the right advise. But in my opinion he’s done exactly what we wanted from a chairman. Like I said it’s just unfortunate that it’s not worked out this time round. Do we go again....? I hope so.

1 minute ago, ES6owl said:

You can argue about financial planning all you want, but for me at some point to get out of this league you need to take a risk. He showed he had the balls to take it in all fairness. Unfortunately for us it diddnt work out. And now where paying the price. I agree he’s had bad advise from the people who are paid to give him the right advise. But in my opinion he’s done exactly what we wanted from a chairman. Like I said it’s just unfortunate that it’s not worked out this time round. Do we go again....? I hope so.

I dont mind take a calculated risk and pushing boat out a bit but Chansiri bet the farm on going up with no back up plan.

Read tonight we were about to have an embargo and we turned down a bid of £3m for a player now 3rd choice keeper.

17 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

And that I agree with. Hence the reason I mentioned our short term success in my original post.

However, in terms of long term financial security, our future is extremely bright with him in charge. In fact, it's probably brighter than it has ever been, in all of our existence. Currently, we are restricted with regard to money we can spend. However, we are still solvent, we still have a very wealthy businessman in charge, we are playing in our own colours, we still own our stadium... I could go on. 

We only have his word he has millions more to pour into the club but being held back by FFP.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont mind take a calculated risk and pushing boat out a bit but Chansiri bet the farm on going up with no back up plan.

Read tonight we were about to have an embargo and we turned down a bid of £3m for a player now 3rd choice keeper.

Yeah well that’s just baffling to say the least, that’s the side of SWFC at the moment that’s got everyone scratching there heads. I also read that we wanted 6m for KW rather than the 3m offered. Could possibly be the work of Katrein..!!

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Had we won promotion in Carlos’ first season then I have no doubt Chansiri would be hailed as a hero. My issue is more about how the second season onwards unfolded. 

We needed to be more active in selling players. We had no need for Rhodes. 

Third season with Carlos he made a massive mistake not sacking him after the 4-2 defeat against United. 

On top of this we have a number of other gaffes; cakeball and the 150th year celebrations. Season ticket prices. BBC prombles. The shirt saga parts 1 and 2. 

When I read the story about the £3M bid for KW, I mentioned it to a few guys in the office. Not one of us was surprised. 

I think DC has good intentions, but it’s just been a failure IMO. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Let’s put this simply . We are paying champions league prices for awful , boring football . The football that is worse than when so called saviour chansiri took over . We are a worse team now , yes after all that money spent , I know I’m confused too .

signing utter dross (usually over the hill) like jones and boyd and extending the biggest crock in football I’m hutchinsons contract by three years then leaving them to rot is pure stupidity , as is hiring really really poor managers . It’s alright chucking money at it but there was no plan in place which is why we are a joke on and off the field now .

Releasing some of the worst replica shirts ever and charging 60 quid for them is pure stupidity , topped only by the fact last year they weren’t available until Xmas . Yet again pure stupidity and incompetence . 

Aloenating all corporate customers and writing your name on everything rather the gaining actual sponsorship money .... 

the fact the guy has daddy’s money is not enough , he is an egotistical fool with more money than sense . His attitude towards the fans ‘pay up or shut up’ stinks and like a lot , I’m no longer interested in wasting masses of money to watch third rate football .

it baffles me anybody could defend this man  , he really does need to depart as soon as possible 

And replace him with other whom? Someone like Dave Allen perhaps?

The fact is that when you set out at the beginning of a season there are no guarantees as to where any club will finish (and yes I do realise that the last 2 seasons have been disastrous, but in reality A lot of us have seen worse times at Hillsborough) there have also been mitigating circumstances especially with an horrendous injury list. 

Of course it’s bitterly disappointing when things don’t work out as we would all like. I have said before that I believe that Chansiri has been a victim of ill advice during is time at the club. I know he’s not a fan like we are but I don’t believe for one minute that he doesn’t want to make a real success of his time here for various reasons. 

He’s made mistakes (bad ones at times) but we are all aware now that not only is it going to be a struggle for the rest of this season, but due to the financial restraints that we currently face we will also struggle in a financial sense for a further season after that. 

Would a new owner coming in now be able to address the issues we face with profit and sustainability? I don’t think they would. I do think that Chansiri deserves to be listened to and see just exactly what he has to say at the very least. 

Like the op is alluding to, it’s not asking a lot to be respectful and courteous before putting your point across.

3 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

Well said, we don't deserve anything.

But he continues to deliver on the financial side and hopefully we'll reap the rewards again when the leeches and broken players leave in the summer.

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

If you had left it there I think you would have been OK. 

Massively over optimistic about the conduct of the meeting but nevertheless absolutely correct. 

The big promble with this discussion is that it has two sides, at least, and people have become a bit entrenched in their positions.

Anyway I think people should always try to be honest and courteous regardless but heigh ho.

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Had we won promotion in Carlos’ first season then I have no doubt Chansiri would be hailed as a hero. My issue is more about how the second season onwards unfolded. 

We needed to be more active in selling players. We had no need for Rhodes. 

Third season with Carlos he made a massive mistake not sacking him after the 4-2 defeat against United. 

On top of this we have a number of other gaffes; cakeball and the 150th year celebrations. Season ticket prices. BBC prombles. The shirt saga parts 1 and 2. 

When I read the story about the £3M bid for KW, I mentioned it to a few guys in the office. Not one of us was surprised. 

I think DC has good intentions, but it’s just been a failure IMO. 

His reign has been a catalogue of schoolboy errors, and plain incompetence in my opinion.