Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

3 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

So are you saying that, financially, we're not in safe hands with him as our owner?

We are safe in the respect that DC has money, I just loose sleep that he’ll inadvertently gift it to a Nigerian Phisherman......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He should show the fans respect as well. 

Agreed, the pricing out of many fans and the radio Sheffield match coverage left a bitter taste for many.

Though the abuse towards DC and his family from some of our more moronic fans were totally out of order also 

DC has a lot of bridges to build if he wants to move forward from our current malaise. Getting our next managerial appointment right and a more realistic pricing policy would go a long way towards this.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

How's he a liability?

Granted he's made some wrong decisions - the ticket pricing and appointing the current manager.

However, he's a very wealthy man and our long term future is still healthy if he stays on as our owner. 

You guys scare the hell out of me. Think sensibly about it please!

Let’s put this simply . We are paying champions league prices for awful , boring football . The football that is worse than when so called saviour chansiri took over . We are a worse team now , yes after all that money spent , I know I’m confused too .

signing utter dross (usually over the hill) like jones and boyd and extending the biggest crock in football I’m hutchinsons contract by three years then leaving them to rot is pure stupidity , as is hiring really really poor managers . It’s alright chucking money at it but there was no plan in place which is why we are a joke on and off the field now .

Releasing some of the worst replica shirts ever and charging 60 quid for them is pure stupidity , topped only by the fact last year they weren’t available until Xmas . Yet again pure stupidity and incompetence . 

Aloenating all corporate customers and writing your name on everything rather the gaining actual sponsorship money .... 

the fact the guy has daddy’s money is not enough , he is an egotistical fool with more money than sense . His attitude towards the fans ‘pay up or shut up’ stinks and like a lot , I’m no longer interested in wasting masses of money to watch third rate football .

it baffles me anybody could defend this man  , he really does need to depart as soon as possible 

Edited by james o connor
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Castleford Owl said:

Considering we’ve spent 30 odd million and find ourselves in a weaker position on the pitch and considering the fans are being continually fleeced in order to help plug the void, (not to sustain quality on the pitch as stated) I would suggest exactly that.

Where've you got 30 odd million from? 

The revenue from gate receipts doesn't significantly contribute to the running of the Club and aren't to plug any void. Chansiri is clearly willing to buy our success out of his own pocket. The ticket pricing model is simply to contribute to the turnover that the Club makes, in order to keep FFP at bay. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

You need to look beyond league positions and think about the legacy we are left with, in terms of financial security and the state of the squad and club as a whole. 

We are in a worse position than when he took over. That’s a failure IMO. 

Are you saying that we are insecure financially?

Yes he has made mistakes but I genuinely believe he has good intentions, the prices are too high but to accuse him of ripping us off is wrong because he spent every penny and a lot more besides and though the spending has stopped we know why and I’m sure if he could he would have continued to invest . This season and last have been horrible but he gave us not only the best two seasons of recent times but the only seasons we have looked like returning to the top flight. It’s a mixed bag and big decisions need making but lets hear him out with decorum and respect before we make judgment 

3 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Where've you got 30 odd million from? 

The revenue from gate receipts doesn't significantly contribute to the running of the Club and aren't to plug any void. Chansiri is clearly willing to buy our success out of his own pocket. The ticket pricing model is simply to contribute to the turnover that the Club makes, in order to keep FFP at bay. 

Why do you think he's " willing to buy our success out of his own pocket" ?

When things were going well, fans sang the chairman's name.

Now things have gone south people are fed up, and some will give it him in the neck.

Its the ups and downs of owning and running a football club. Not sure why Mr Chansiri let alone some supporters still haven't got their heads around this?

3 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Yes he has made mistakes but I genuinely believe he has good intentions, the prices are too high but to accuse him of ripping us off is wrong because he spent every penny and a lot more besides and though the spending has stopped we know why and I’m sure if he could he would have continued to invest . This season and last have been horrible but he gave us not only the best two seasons of recent times but the only seasons we have looked like returning to the top flight. It’s a mixed bag and big decisions need making but lets hear him out with decorum and respect before we make judgment 

It’s not an accusation . 40 quid to sit in a delapidated stadium with a post in view is a rip off I’m tje premier league , never mind to watch the likes of foxy , Palmer, lees fletcher etc get stuffed in the second division. 

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We are safe in the respect that DC has money, I just loose sleep that he’ll inadvertently gift it to a Nigerian Phisherman......

And that's why I'm s*** scared that he'll listen to the views of some of the people who are commenting on this thread and decide to sell us!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Let’s put this simply . We are paying champions league prices for awful , boring football . The football that is worse than when so called saviour chansiri took over . We are a worse team now , yes after all that money spent , I know I’m confused too .

signing utter dross (usually over the hill) like jones and boyd and extending the biggest crock in football I’m hutchinsons contract by three years then leaving them to rot is pure stupidity , as is hiring really really poor managers . It’s alright chucking money at it but there was no plan in place which is why we are a joke on and off the field now .

Releasing some of the worst replica shirts ever and charging 60 quid for them is pure stupidity , topped only by the fact last year they weren’t available until Xmas . Yet again pure stupidity and incompetence . 

Aloenating all corporate customers and writing your name on everything rather the gaining actual sponsorship money .... 

the fact the guy has daddy’s money is not enough , he is an egotistical fool with more money than sense . His attitude towards the fans ‘pay up or shut up’ stinks and like a lot , I’m no longer interested in wasting masses of money to watch third rate football .

it baffles me anybody could defend this man  , he really does need to depart as soon as possible 

Excellent post Mr O'Connor. Totally agree.