Steve Bruce announced next week

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Hmmm... I'm trying to work out how DC has tempted Bruce given the knot we're in.

55 minutes ago, akbuk said:

A third part investor possibly

Asked the question the other day but didn't get a response. If DC introduces a third party investor is the money from the third party investment regarded as income for FFP purposes?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Asked the question the other day but didn't get a response. If DC introduces a third party investor is the money from the third party investment regarded as income for FFP purposes?

Suppos3 it depend how it’s “ invested”. Naming rights to the ground, sponsorship, buying 35k of them gold plated seat thingys?

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Don't think I've got anything wrong before I've posted on here, I'm sure a few posters will back me up

If it's wrong it will be the first time I've been let down from my friend of a friend & I won't post any info I get on here again

If that happened I think Neil could even have the week off

29 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Maybe Chansiri sell some of his equity to a third party ,we get rid of some players over the next transfer window and start to invest in new players either way the wage bill needs reducing before investment can take place

If this is correct, and I’m not fully convinced, I just wonder who the matchmaker is, Wilco perhaps, he’s no stranger to the director’s box. But just a minute, isn’t it standard business practice to contact the out of work football manager’s availability list when the current manager has left the club, either of their own volition or by other means? 

4 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

If this is correct, and I’m not fully convinced, I just wonder who the matchmaker is, Wilco perhaps, he’s no stranger to the director’s box. But just a minute, isn’t it standard business practice to contact the out of work football manager’s availability list when the current manager has left the club, either of their own volition or by other means? 

Didn't stop MM when he was tapping Dave Jones up.

4 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Definitely not. It's how it SHOULD be, but football doesn't follow normal rules, like who get's paid off when they get sacked? Bizarre world.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Or a rolling 12 month contract with 30 days notice .... or is that just Sky TV? 

Hasn't the length of the manager's contract always been a secret under DC?

It could be anything.

Edited by OxonOwl

3 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

Tomorrow’s press conference will be a big pointer, will Jos take it , will Bullen or somebody else .

Just wondering do clubs have to do a pre match presser .

I believe that they do have to do one yes, but I only believe it because I read it on here!

• Haha 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Something is brewing - 100% 

I can’t see why Chansiri would call a fans forum at this time of year and arrange for it to be in the Octagon 

Im envisaging him announcing new investment and a new manager - hence get as many people in as possible and create an atmosphere which gives him the adulation that he probably is expecting on the back of the news? 

It just wouldnt happen usually - we could cap the tickets, and say that’s it. 

Expecting Jos to be gone after the weekend and Bruce in with the news that we can spend in Jan and not have any FFP impact on us.

Fully agree that you have fans forum and book Octagon does suggest that club has something up its sleeve. Otherwise it would be just asking for a terrible slanging match.

Quite certain Nixon's report last week was accurate which suggested that club had been hunting for a manager for a couple of weeks at least. Its almost certain something changed day before or on day change of venue occurred. 

it would have to be new income stream rather than investment to generate substantial new funds.

Think a change at this time also allows any new manager to look at squad prior to transfer window as refresh of squad required.

I suppose only other option is the club has been sold but little has come out regarding this.

Interesting to see what emerges.