Steve Bruce announced next week

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

To be fair to Gypsy Owl, he has got a lot right with team selection etc. I think there is something in this personally and if it does happen it would be a very good appointment for where we are at the moment. I think it would also get some much needed positivity back at the club. As a fan, it would also give me some assurances that Chansiri is still looking at moving us forward. Bruce won’t be cheap and he would want some money to spend. I acknowledge that we are up against FFP but maybe Chansiri has something up his sleeve?

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 1

OP has form for accurate information, so hope this is true. I'd be happy with Bruce, certainly a massive improvement on Jos and God only knows why he is being given the Swansea game.

Don't doubt Bruce  would have stipulations to taking the job, maybe we have to go cap in hand to EFL asking permission to spend, or reinvest funds from sales. 

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

No way Jos will be in charge for the fans forum, Chansiri been quiet as trying to get things tied up with a new manager

Bruce wants money to spend though, hence the hold up, sounds like it's a done deal

Why Jos is in charge for Saturday though is beyond me, we'd be better giving Haslam & Weaver a go for 1 game, can't hurt as we'll lose regardless on Saturday

Nice one. That means our FFP problems just fade away then........

13 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I agree you've often been right on previous things like team selections etc, but to be fair you seem to have contradicted yourself a bit there.

After all we're all aware of the money situation regards P&S, so how can it sound like a done deal?

I said the delay was the finances but from what I heard it's sorted, I don't know anything about our P&S situation though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not being funny mate but looking at your posts the only info you’ve posted was about a loan deal that didn’t happen. Or am I missing something?

I just posted what I was told, okay fair enough that one was wrong then I forgot about that

if this isn't right i'll just post standard fan stuff in the future even if I get a text 

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

got a text at 10:25am, only feels right to get everyone's hopes up instead of just mine

plus I'll be smug if it happens 

Keep posting what you know mate. I quite like reading speculation on here whether it proves to be right or wrong?

4 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I just posted what I was told, okay fair enough that one was wrong then I forgot about that

if this isn't right i'll just post standard fan stuff in the future even if I get a text 

Don't rise to it. 

Everyone on here loves an inside story, but slags off anyone who offers one up. 

You can't win. 

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

I'm not mad on Steve Bruce getting the job per se.

But if it means a proper football manager, with a full compliment of backroom staff and control over transfers then I'm all for it. 

Exactly what we need right now, an experienced manager left to get on with the job

10 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

No don’t take it like that. I’m desperate for their to be some truth in this, but you read so much pooh on here it’s hard to separate the what from the chaff 

6 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Don't rise to it. 

Everyone on here loves an inside story, but slags off anyone who offers one up. 

You can't win. 

It wasn’t a slagging off at all. I merely checked his last few months of posts re his claim to only post accurate stuff. I couldn’t find any so merely questioning what he had previously got right.