Steve Bruce announced next week

2 minutes ago, Dinsdale07 said:

Many moons ago I was a rep and called on well known solicitors in Sheffield. The very nice lady buyer there had a Penguin ( no not him) paperback on her desk titled “What men know about women “. The book fascinated me and on one visit she was called away during my visit, so I picked up the book to have a quick read. Every page was blank so the joke was on me. I the situation here is similar and in short anyone on Owlstalk who claims to be in the know is like that paperback, no substance behind the cover

I believe the OP 100% he's been on the money before.

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I want a manager with a proven Championship pedigree - done.

I want a manager who isn't foreign - done.

I want a manager in place immediately so we aren't scratching around for weeks interviewing unheard of foreigners recommended by Oxo - done.

DC needs to show us he still means business and get the right manager and work out a way to give him funds to work with - done.

I want him right now and won't wait a week longer even though if true it shows that DC and co have learned from before and are working hard to not let the same mistakes happen again - oh fuckoff now!

What’s wrong with wanting Jos out now? Give a caretaker manger the game at Swansea. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Hmmm... I'm trying to work out how DC has tempted Bruce given the knot we're in.

It's a slip-knot, and Chansiri smothered himself in butter. 

15 minutes ago, Dinsdale07 said:

Many moons ago I was a rep and called on well known solicitors in Sheffield. The very nice lady buyer there had a Penguin ( no not him) paperback on her desk titled “What men know about women “. The book fascinated me and on one visit she was called away during my visit, so I picked up the book to have a quick read. Every page was blank so the joke was on me. In the situation here is similar and in short anyone on Owlstalk who claims to be in the know is like that paperback, no substance behind the cover

Ironically, the book was bang on the money.

Edited by York_Owl

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What’s wrong with wanting Jos out now? Give a caretaker manger the game at Swansea. 

The last time I can remember a manager being in charge when he knew he was getting the bullet was garymegsonand it worked out to be a masterstroke from MM.  Don't see the point of a caretaker for one game and added to this is that if Bruce comes in then he'll bring with him a whole new backroom team so Saturday may well be farewell for more than Jos.

Just try to be happy - it's nice.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Put yourself in Bruce's shoes tho...it looks like a hiding to nothing.

I wonder if the old "sleeping giant" thing still entices managers. They must have faith in their own abilities and believe they can be the one that bring the good times back. Legend status if they do.

• Like 1

I don’t doubt the OP seen his posts before and have been usually spot on. What I’m struggling to get my head round is why Jos is still here if this is a done deal. A guy who walked out of Stuttgart after only a few weeks because of differences of opinion with board members doesn’t strike me as a guy just to sit and wait for the next manager to finish measuring up the curtains in his office?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

I don’t doubt the OP seen his posts before and have been usually spot on. What I’m struggling to get my head round is why Jos is still here if this is a done deal. A guy who walked out of Stuttgart after only a few weeks because of differences of opinion with board members doesn’t strike me as a guy just to sit and wait for the next manager to finish measuring up the curtains in his office?

Totally agree. If its a done deal then zero point in jos being here today. Zero motivation for everyone. Bruce though......