Is anyone else worried about the fans forum?

The avarage employee would brick themselves if their employers would have done to them as they would have done to the employees of their favoured football club. However contractual agreements do take the sting out of being treat unfairly at the behest of the baying mob, just remember guys, we’re serving a life sentence, unlike the short term overpaid inmates.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Lots of clubs have their owner's names plastered everywhere and it was again done for the "right reasons" if you look at what others have done and why they did it.

It's pretty obvious from comments like these that some people don't read links posted re. FFP and sponsorship deals.

He could put in way more money if he wanted too....but he has put the minimum in for the shirt sponsorship, Chansiri is plastered everywhere.

I would have a lot more sympathy if he was investing heavily, but he isn’t.

I bet my mortgage he used the multi year season ticket money in one go (even tho it’s accounted for over each season) now this has run out his only way to try and get money into the club is raise prices on everything.

He’s gambled and lost, and I don’t think he has the cash to prop us up next season.

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

His downfall has been letting himself be taken for a mug by Paxo and Doyen. 

He was introduced to Doyen and Paixao as part of the process of buying the club and moving us forward.

He backed out of being tied into the deal originally put to him and our agents' fees are midtable according to the latest figures.

Here is a picture of Amadeu Paixao representing Marco Ferreira during a loan deal to Leicester City in 2007.

IMG_7243.JPG

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Lots of clubs have their owner's names plastered everywhere and it was again done for the "right reasons" if you look at what others have done and why they did it.

It's pretty obvious from comments like these that some people don't read links posted re. FFP and sponsorship deals.

I know other clubs have owners have big egos but cant think one club who has name on shirts, in the seats, on advertising boards, flashing at me from the scoreboards etc. 

Genuine question do any other club set up  companies that only really exist on paper like ours to sponsor the club?

2 hours ago, Box_Man said:

You simply cannot have a Q&A with 1000 people.

Just does not work, DC and the club know this....it’s been moved on purpose, the minute the first of his words upset some disgruntled fans (so about 30seconds in) will descend into chaos.

Theres some hidden motive here in my opinion, I’m worried DC wants a fight so he can turn round and say to the mob off you go do it on your own, I’m off to Thailand and I ain’t coming back etc etc.

Its been shown in multiple ways he could still put extra cash in but has decided not too....I think he’s run out of available funds he’s willing to spend on the club.

A chaotic slanging match will pave the way for him to leave. And put us in a complete mess.

Absolutely.............at a time when we are desperate for some positivity and good news , this meeting is shaping in a way that could make things even worse.

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

All the braindead mong0s will be baying for blood. The chairman has more b0llox than the lot of them. 

Nobody will be baying for blood. Any fan with an ounce of intelligence can’t be happy with the cluster fornicate of a job chansiri is doing . 

He deffo has the balls , he carries on making gaff after gaff and still won’t admit he’s done it all so wrong . 

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know other clubs have owners have big egos but cant think one club who has name on shirts, in the seats, on advertising boards, flashing at me from the scoreboards etc. 

Genuine question do any other club set up  companies that only really exist on paper like ours to sponsor the club?

His company is his name and yes they have and for purposes of accounting companies can and do "exist" in different ways.

32 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

He could put in way more money if he wanted too....but he has put the minimum in for the shirt sponsorship, Chansiri is plastered everywhere.

I would have a lot more sympathy if he was investing heavily, but he isn’t.

I bet my mortgage he used the multi year season ticket money in one go (even tho it’s accounted for over each season) now this has run out his only way to try and get money into the club is raise prices on everything.

He’s gambled and lost, and I don’t think he has the cash to prop us up next season.

The minimum/maximum for shirt sponsorship by owners is set by EFL, based on going rates.

Google FFP and other clubs affected and read about what they just went or are going through.  

Edited by sonofbert2

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

His company is his name and yes they have and for purposes of accounting companies can and do "exist" in different ways.

Which other clubs? Do Reading and Leicester, both Thai owned have companies like D Taxis and Elev8 sponsor them? 

So it mainly a coincidence his name is his company that has its name plastered everywhere? 

If it is all a very, very clever accountancy measure why doesn't he show any this kind  of fortitude in other areas of running Wednesday?

We have had an embargo so clearly it didn't work to stave off breaking FFP rules.

Edited by matthefish2002

I hope it does get heated ...chansiri need to know what the fans really think ..... As a fan base we’ve always been too placid ......Unless it’s news of a takeover or a new manager ... Chansiri will know what the fans really think and he deserves what he will get ....Bad advisors and bad managers ...he’s still the bloke who employs them !!!

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

I hope it does get heated ...chansiri need to know what the fans really think ..... As a fan base we’ve always been too placid ......Unless it’s news of a takeover or a new manager ... Chansiri will know what the fans really think and he deserves what he will get ....Bad advisors and bad managers ...he’s still the bloke who employs them !!!

Fans can let Chansiri know what people think about things without it getting into a slanging match though.

Hope the tone towards him is polite but firm. 

High prices, team performance, transfers etc have all be been unacceptable under his chairmanship lately.

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

I wouldnt want it to be heated  but it may go that way 

I think based on his reason for this meeting is to confront social media critics  I suspect he already knows people aren't happy 

I hope this is an opportunity for him to tell the attendees what the way forward is   oh and here's your new manager

49 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Nobody will be baying for blood. Any fan with an ounce of intelligence can’t be happy with the cluster fornicate of a job chansiri is doing . 

He deffo has the balls , he carries on making gaff after gaff and still won’t admit he’s done it all so wrong . 

No one is happy, but I know what our fans are like. They let themselves down with stuff like this and sadly a lot of the ones going have less brains than the bottom of my shoe. 

21 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I wouldnt want it to be heated  but it may go that way 

I think based on his reason for this meeting is to confront social media critics  I suspect he already knows people aren't happy 

I hope this is an opportunity for him to tell the attendees what the way forward is   oh and here's your new manager

I said the other day that he is looking for confrontation because even when the meeting was announced there was a pop at fans on social media . 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

No one is happy, but I know what our fans are like. They let themselves down with stuff like this and sadly a lot of the ones going have less brains than the bottom of my shoe. 

I'm going, I promise to behave. lol

I personally think he (Chansiri) is just looking for an excuse to throw his dummy out the pram. This forum will give him that and then some. I don't see any good coming of it and think it's a stupid thing to be doing but only if you don't think there's an ulterior reason for it. This stinks of a setup by Chansiri and I think the (rightly angry) fans going to it are playing into his hands as it'll all kick off.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Thanks 1