Is anyone else worried about the fans forum?

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I held on to the supersymmetry theory to explain gravity... like a sap.

Same with Carlos and Jos.

I'm liking electrically neutral particle theory now... I'm doing all this and working. I'm going to start a patreon type thing on hear so I can think brainy stuff 24/7 . All my subscribers will get early access to my musings before the other scrubbers on here... when the housing benefit comes online I'll relax the rules of course.

8.30 am Thursday Morning  Chesterfield Training Ground 

Wear wellingtons 

No Questions

Be prepared 

I cannot help you from here..

You are on your own .... 

• Haha 4

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

8.30 am Thursday Morning  Chesterfield Training Ground 

Wear wellingtons 

No Questions

Be prepared 

I cannot help you from here..

You are on your own .... 

I'll pm you the standard model for a pound.

Basic quantum mechanics for one fifty.

I can't say fairer than that.. I really can't.

The doctors have told me to value myself and mother mustn't hear of it.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll pm you the standard model for a pound.

Basic quantum mechanics for one fifty.

I can't say fairer than that.. I really can't.

The doctors have told me to value myself and mother mustn't hear of it.

WhatsApp me .......

It's safer 

Don't let the goons in

Not yet until the 21st 

Big reveal .......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is not an anomaly.. it's an observational error.

The higgs field is a universal constant.

Unsurprisingly after building a Large Hadron Collider at the expense of billions of tax payers Euros they found the a partical which they assumed was the Higgs Bosson.

If only Mr Cs investment was as simple as that.

Take a look into the Electric Universe theory. We need to get answers from Mr C on this also. There is no justice.

WTF:

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Unsurprisingly after building a Large Hadron Collider at the expense of billions of tax payers Euros they found the a partical which they assumed was the Higgs Bosson.

If only Mr Cs investment was as simple as that.

Take a look into the Electric Universe theory. We need to get answers from Mr C on this also. There is no justice.

WTF:

It's refreshing to find another serious scientific mind on the site.

Did you know that a fridge magnet has a more massive force than earth's gravity?

Or.. that putting mayo on a reyt salad may produce more electron twins than salad cream?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What if the fridge magnet was in a decaying orbit

This is a good question.

If we follow Einstein's calculations..the fridge magnet would eventually reattach itself to the fridge door approximately 10 seconds before it goes into landfill.

The note underneath (milk..iron school uniform) would be lost to time and space.

All I want from this forum is honesty, cards on the table explaining what has been a catelogue of errors over the last 18 months in particular. Cracks began to show over 2 years ago. 

I don't want to lynch the guy, I'm sure he doesn't enjoy burning his money but he needs to accept that they have got many things horribly wrong and there doesn't appear to be anything to suggest that is about to change. 

I don't want to hear excuses, blame or what they are considering doing next. I want to SEE what they ARE doing. I want a faultless powerpoint presentation that demonstrates a clear strategy for this club to reverse the slide and ultimately succeed. We can ask questions about something physical that exists rather than speculation, conspiracies, fake news and assumptions. 

Without it, this club will go down the swanny on its current trajectory.

Including but not limited to;

1. Employ a highly successful director of football.

2. Let that person hire the next manager. 

3. Employ someone to overhaul the commercial side of the club. Merchandise, ticketing, sponsorship, corporate.

4. Terminate any agreements with contractors/third parties who we might still be paying for football advisory services - Doyen / old El Paxo etc

5. Set the new hires some targets aligned with the strategy and support them. 

We could have achieved all of this on Abdi/Boyd/Jones wages alone.

I know DC doesn't have to do this and it's his money etc but we all want the same things, success for the club. At the moment it feels like there is only one man out of thousands of stakeholders, financial or emotional that can't see what's wrong. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Would you blame him given the abuse he has had for spending around 100 million

Unfortunately, he has endured some shocking abuse, some of it unforgivable, not to mention highly embarrassing. I’ve posted countless times since he arrived defending his actions and urging people to give him the benefit of the doubt. To look past the mistakes and to see a good guy, trying his best. I genuinely think most people are grateful that he saw fit to spend so much cash on us.

However, In order to continue to defend him, there has to be more substance to that defence than “he’s a good bloke that spent loads of money” He could have spent that cash on M&M’s and we’d have been better off.....that’s context.

Yes he’s been generous. As have fans that pay to watch, it’s relative.

Has he been unlucky? I think he has, to a point. As it is though we were nearly men and in football you’re only as good as the season your in. Which is why you must always have one eye on the future.

Has he been naive? absolutely. Much of the current frustration in the fan base stems from a belief that he’s placed too much trust in certain entities. A matter only compounded by a perceived unwillingness to acknowledge that.

He’s made plenty of mistakes, even so I think the majority forgave them because they did/do want him to succeed. The million dollar question now is can this situation be reversed and is there enough faith and goodwill on both sides to move forward.

I guess we will soon find out.

• Like 1

Given the amount of folk that constantly bash DC, the club and the spending/decision making and state as fact we're in huge trouble and risking big fines and point deductions, it is very strange to see how little fans actually know about FFP and other clubs also affected with the amount of information out there.

It's almost like people are making stuff up.

@steelowl, I know you're not a fan but you can't begrudge the bloke a ciggie after watching us get trounced at home and he was entitled to answer back to his critics.

He's been getting slated for lack of communication, organises a forum, moves it to a bigger venue so more fans can attend and then gets slated more for doing so.

Somebody's cocked up not taking into account the first wave of applicants for the original venue but I doubt it's him personally and wasn't planned.  There'll be a good few drop out and so still time to get entrance sorted I'd think for those who really wanted to go.

He is not the best chairman out there and is currently miles away from the worst.  The methods he has employed re. recruitment, FFP etc are far from unusual, first thing Villa's new owners did funnily enough was contact Mendes and finally the annual accounts are not the same as what is submitted towards to the EFL re. FFP.  

Some folk should spend a bit less time on here gobbing off ignorant, reactive nonsense and do a bit of research and reading about the rules, other clubs and other owners and maybe they might calm down a touch.

Years and years of no money and being truly left behind after some much better days have mixed together with the success of smaller, less well known and supported clubs, a very good first season amongst other factors has created a sort of twisted Stockholm Syndrome amongst sum of our fans who prefer the comfort zone of conflict and struggle, survival and hiding behind being skint when we're crap rather than facing up to and enjoying the good bits of actually having had a go, almost made it and currently paying the price.

The amount of contradiction, hypocrisy and sheer negative drama and spin applied to pretty much everything Sheffield Wednesday and strange comparisons framed in hindsight from some people convinces me at times that they'll never be happy again unless we're totally hopeless and living on past "glory" in all areas or in the Premier pushing top the top six.

We had a chairman that sued fans followed by another that spent his life arguing with us saddos on here and then came MM, who deserves huge credit for saving us, really did know how to talk to us but he too was no angel if you take time to look a bit and think a bit.

We have entered, for us, a new world of football and although he has made undoubted mistakes, some of our fans come across as knowing far less than DC in his short time of involvement about the pond we've been trying to swim in.

Maybe some fans preferred being relatively big fish in a little pond all along rather than taking the bigger chance of being eaten by sharks to try to get back in the big pond again.

These fans are always the ones that accuse the more realistic, open and positive amongst us of comparing current bad times with darker days of the past.  

We were 90 minutes away from being back in the bigtime and the closest we've been in nearly 20 years.  We were a penalty shootout away from getting the same chance again.

Those are the facts and there are a lot more clubs in the division who have spent a lot more, "achieved" less and are in potentially much bigger poo and they also pay over the odds to watch relatively average players getting too much money to participate in very often, garbage games of football but being a bit more patient, a bit more understanding and not blaming how frustrated you've become with how football has gone on the club and team you love is a bit boring I suppose.

The chairman has not got and never had a chance with some and their attitude and opinions towards our young players less than halfway into their first full season in tricky circumstances goes a long way to show that.

The "waste of time goings" will be happy enough spouting off on here, predicting doom and slagging off everyone and everything that moves though ahead, during and after the meeting instead of turning up and trying to contribute.  A lot have the same approach to the games themselves.  A lot that do go attend with their best mate, resentment.  

It's our team, it's a game and we're supposed to enjoy and have a laugh supporting them, good times and bad.  It's too expensive and arguably a waste of money but for some perspective  so is running a decent car, going for a really nice holiday or having a good night out.  The point is if you set out with the wrong attitude to "enjoy" any of the above then you could be in the best car, the best hotel or best restaurant in the world and still be a miserable, complaining, moaningbastard who is only happy finding  fault.  We all know 'em and we've all seen 'em and it seems there's a good few on here.

• Like 3

Sadly i think this fans forum will turn into an angry DC witch hunt and also a to and fro slagging match between the fans and him.

For every level headed fan we have, theres probs 5 others out there that want nowt else but to have a pop and try tear DC a new rusty sheriffs badge.

While we all have a right to vent and have a say, unless done properly, it will serve no purpose but to make things worse. DC is clearly not just going to turn up, apologise to us and then (metaphorically) drop his kecks to take it up the arris from the fans. He owns the club, and while mistakes have been made its not like hes done it intentionally or wants to actually lose his investment. Thats also why he doesnt deal well and comes out fighting when critisism has previously been levelled at him. Nobody likes or wants to be told they doing a crap job, especially after they have dropped £100 million or so doing it. Hard not to react when your failings are then being screamed at you rather than rationally put to you. 

We as fans cant just turn up and try and burn him alive because were unhappy at how things have worked out. However, if we take a proper approach to taking him to task, we could most likely get more of how we feel accross to him, as well as more answers. I also think DC might not just throw it all back at us and say its our fault

Its likely not gonna go like that though. Most likely its going to be lots of fans shouting over each other to have a pop at DC. No doubt DC will also have to hear a few narrow minded fools shouting at him to f@%k off out of our club and to f@%k off back home ect, or people rediculously and needlessly insulting him and his family.

I for one hope it really doesnt pan out that way, but im scared it will. We as fans and a club are better than that. We all want answers and change, so lets go the right way about getting it.

• Like 1

Absolutely petrified. Worst case scenario is DC cashes his chips in, calls in the loans that we have no chance of winning and then see us ruined financially. 

Unless there are other wealthy idiots idiots lined up to put 100s of millions in to us.