Is anyone else worried about the fans forum?

at the minute we are not a sellable asset ,unfortunately we cant upset chansiri too much or we might not even have a club left , but what makes me laugh is how he comes out that he feels threatened yet he hires a large venue ,and just about any fool could turn up ,either he has loads of good news for us  ie new manager ,new funds next summer ,ffp not a problem after this season.  or his intensions are he hopes that is will become a very unpleasant night then he can justify to himself pulling the plug on us . I really don't know whats going to happen , I think he is very brave or very stupid unless he has good news. if we are fooked financially which im pretty sure we are then him giving an apology for blowing the money on stupid contracts wont wash . if nothing changes with jos by that meeting then im pretty sure he will be telling us about the  very tough times for the next 2-3 years and about us all in it together . 

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

I reckon he's telling us he's effing off and all chip in to buy the club or he's gonna leave us in limbo. And I'm serious. 

He's too proud to sell up yet. That would be like admitting he'd failed.

I suspect he only answer the questions he's prepared for. Give him his due for agreeing to this, but I'm not sure what the fans will learn.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Agree it won't end well unless he's found us an abramovic style owner 

If he sacks jos pre meeting, it will pacify most of the baying mob. The ones who care less about the state of the club and only care about wining games. 

After that

Who knows. 

Get gubbed by swansea and do nothing. Itll explode. 

11 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

at the minute we are not a sellable asset ,unfortunately we cant upset chansiri too much or we might not even have a club left , but what makes me laugh is how he comes out that he feels threatened yet he hires a large venue ,and just about any fool could turn up ,either he has loads of good news for us  ie new manager ,new funds next summer ,ffp not a problem after this season.  or his intensions are he hopes that is will become a very unpleasant night then he can justify to himself pulling the plug on us . I really don't know whats going to happen , I think he is very brave or very stupid unless he has good news. if we are fooked financially which im pretty sure we are then him giving an apology for blowing the money on stupid contracts wont wash . if nothing changes with jos by that meeting then im pretty sure he will be telling us about the  very tough times for the next 2-3 years and about us all in it together . 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, the optimist in me thinks must be major news, new manager, investment etc. But the sceptic in me thinks  it may be  a set up to have an excuse to walk. If i was a betting man, would think it is some positive news as if he wanted to walk could easily find a reason without the risk of fronting it 1k fans.

For what it's worth I really think he does have our clubs interest at heart and has delivered some good times and wants it to work. Yes some mistakes but everyone does in a new venture, hopefully has learned and in his time out of the UK has sorted a plan for the future. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Personally I think he has something positive to announce. I really can't see why he'd put himself in front of 1000 potentially disgruntled fans if he didn't think there was going to be some positive news. 

I hope so anyway, because right now i don't see how this meeting can be productive. 

Edited by bigdan2003

2 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I have a really bad feeling it’s going to get ugly, and I really hope it doesn’t. 

Chansiri gave us two of the best seasons in the last 20+ years. He also raised prices too much and made some pretty big mistakes. So yes it is good and bad, more bad right now. 

But.

He is our owner and there probably isn’t a queue of new owners wanting to take over. We all knew this season and probably next will be disappointing due to FFP. We all (well 97% or whatever) want a new manager. 

1000 people isn’t a forum it’s a presentation. I just hope our selection of fans that attend keep it civil and give the guy a proper chance to explain. 

He didn’t have to do a forum. He didn’t have to move it the Octagon. I think he deserves credit and respect for those things. And he knows he has to explain a lot of stuff. 

So let’s be good about it and make it a productive night. That can be passionate but it needs to be civil. The last thing we need now is a chairman that has lost all interest. And don’t say he has already because he is putting on a fans forum at the freaking Octagon! 

Maybe its just me. Hopefully. 

What really worries me is the thought of league 1 football next year.

That's really worrying.

Something has to change and quick.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just a question, how can the penalise a new owner when they didn't have anything to do with the club until the buy out.

Let me get this correct...

For instance, an owner is allowed spend £50 million a year, go above it and it is penalties from FFP?

You are saying...

Have one owner spending his £50 million...

Then just bring another one in to spend another £50 million as well.

good luck with that.

I ran a section of a large organisation with around 500 people. For years we did 9 away day meetings with about 50 odd people over three days. Always went pretty well if unnecessary and boring.

One year marketing decided to do a 500 seater conference centre. Carnage.

It's very different talking to that many people. It was crap, I lost the room early doors.

And people react differently too. Only the most confident or mouthy speak and there is more anonymity for heckling.

Ended with people shouting at each other.

Even when we announced an extra days holiday we got abuse. Public sector eh!

It needs managing very closely to keep things on track. And then fans might think what was the point in being lectured at. Hope they get the balance right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I ran a section of a large organisation with around 500 people. For years we did 9 away day meetings with about 50 odd people over three days. Always went pretty well if unnecessary and boring.

One year marketing decided to do a 500 seater conference centre. Carnage.

It's very different talking to that many people. It was crap, I lost the room early doors.

And people react differently too. Only the most confident or mouthy speak and there is more anonymity for heckling.

Ended with people shouting at each other.

Even when we announced an extra days holiday we got abuse. Public sector eh!

It needs managing very closely to keep things on track. And then fans might think what was the point in being lectured at. Hope they get the balance right.

It's impossible to have meaningful interaction on that scale...bono thinks he can do it tho.

• Haha 1