Shortlist of 5

1 hour ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

On this managerial situation I have been thinking and what our great club needs is a young, hungry but most importantly proven manager who is now looking to move to the next level.

An appetite to succeed at the highest level, something they simply cannot do where they currently are. That is our trump card.

If you look around there are several top managers at much smaller clubs, playing in front of tiny crowds who must wonder what they could achieve with a sleeping giant club and fan base like Wednesday.

Outsiders might think it would be a step backwards for them but these top managers know you sometimes have to do that to take 2 steps forwards.

Give me any of....

• Sean Dyce -  got Burnley up,  kept them up & then got them into Europe. Burnley fans want him out so he could be available soon. My number 1 choice - we could potentially be in the Champions League in 5 years, maybe less. 
  • David Wagner - got Huddersfield up and kept them up. In the play offs at Hillsborough he must have wished he was the manager of the other team with our passionate fans and depth of squad at the time.
  • Eddie Howe - got Bournemouth up and has kept them up. Almost an established Prem team now but he must be sick of managing in front of 7,000 fans each week.
  • Chris Houghton - got Brighton up and kept them up. Does't play the best football but he could do with more creative players and supporters who demand nothing less.
  • Rafa Benitiz - got Newcastle up and kept them up. Only a matter of time before the poo hits the fan up there. The only one I would question we could get because he's a bit older and more likely to move to a Watford or Everton.... unless he thinks he's got one more big job in him.

All the above have got teams out of the championship and then also kept them up but their personal projects must be coming to an end where they are now and they will be looking for a change soon and the lure of a big club like ours could persuade them.

Or we could just get Gary Megson.

Meggo it is then . lol 

• Haha 3

Guest LittleG
21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We are the woman who drops the kids off at school in pyjamas. 

Kids should not go to school in pyjamas, it's a disgrace!

1 hour ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

Yes. If only our board - and some of our fans it would seem from the replies - had a bit more ambition.

We've got into a mentality that we're a sinking ship. I must admit I did too until I woke up this morning with a different outlook.

WAWAW

:wacko: What feckin board ???  

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Never did me any harm!

c88b2b447414508fdbbe6943a754db44.jpg

But wearing pyjamas like that, did it do irreparable harm to your classmates. You look like a young Macaulay Culkin

Guest Grez Bez
35 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

OP has to be under 21 and play Fifa or football manager? A lot. 

I reckon over 60 and stick in the past!

2 hours ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

On this managerial situation I have been thinking and what our great club needs is a young, hungry but most importantly proven manager who is now looking to move to the next level.

An appetite to succeed at the highest level, something they simply cannot do where they currently are. That is our trump card.

If you look around there are several top managers at much smaller clubs, playing in front of tiny crowds who must wonder what they could achieve with a sleeping giant club and fan base like Wednesday.

Outsiders might think it would be a step backwards for them but these top managers know you sometimes have to do that to take 2 steps forwards.

Give me any of....

• Sean Dyce -  got Burnley up,  kept them up & then got them into Europe. Burnley fans want him out so he could be available soon. My number 1 choice - we could potentially be in the Champions League in 5 years, maybe less. 
  • David Wagner - got Huddersfield up and kept them up. In the play offs at Hillsborough he must have wished he was the manager of the other team with our passionate fans and depth of squad at the time.
  • Eddie Howe - got Bournemouth up and has kept them up. Almost an established Prem team now but he must be sick of managing in front of 7,000 fans each week.
  • Chris Houghton - got Brighton up and kept them up. Does't play the best football but he could do with more creative players and supporters who demand nothing less.
  • Rafa Benitiz - got Newcastle up and kept them up. Only a matter of time before the poo hits the fan up there. The only one I would question we could get because he's a bit older and more likely to move to a Watford or Everton.... unless he thinks he's got one more big job in him.

All the above have got teams out of the championship and then also kept them up but their personal projects must be coming to an end where they are now and they will be looking for a change soon and the lure of a big club like ours could persuade them.

Or we could just get Gary Megson.

Potential champions league. Where do you buy your booze from. I need a crate for xmas.