EVERYTHING CROSSED

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Without chansiri we would still be £35 million in debt, bouncing between the championship and League one.

We wouldn't have the big scoreboard or decent pitch.

We wouldn't have Forestieri Bannon Reach and the other decent players.

We wouldn't have had the day at Wembley or the 4th place finish.

Yes the club seems to be run badly at present but would anyone want Dave Allen back?

DR in a heartbeat. He knew how to spunk cash :goalie:

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Working on that premise Dave Richards took us into the top tier of English football with a cup win, a third place finish, more cup finals and the best football that I’ve seen at Hillsborough, why isn’t he the bee’s knee’s any more?

Because he nearly ruined us by spending money he didnt have. Loans which he took out in the clubs name which we could not afford to pay back. He then jumped ship when things came on top and got job in the FA. We spent the next 20 years in the doldrums because of him. At least Chansiri is spending his own money and not the banks. 

Stuff like this entertains me, 

You want DC to sell, probably daft enough to have some bitter words for him at the Fans Forum.

Then he says bugger it, sells us to the owner of Aldi who wants to build a shop on Hillsborough Stadium.

Always show respect, he's lost enough money in this venture. Lets be grateful for the ride and not fall into the narrative that football fans are greed fuelled dipsticks

• Like 1

DC is the first Owls chairman in my time thats pumped his own cash into the club,and lots of it,every other chairman has loaned us cash.

Ok it was a gamble,its not paid off but weve had a good run and came within 90 minutes of getting back into the prem but you cant fault the guys commitment to The Owls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Without chansiri we would still be £35 million in debt, bouncing between the championship and League one.

We wouldn't have the big scoreboard or decent pitch.

We wouldn't have Forestieri Bannon Reach and the other decent players.

We wouldn't have had the day at Wembley or the 4th place finish.

Yes the club seems to be run badly at present but would anyone want Dave Allen back?

Didn't Milan sort the debt out and Chansiri walk into a well run club with the spine of the team already in place.

As for bouncing between championsh and League 1, we never looked like being relegated under Milan and had season upon season of progress.

I'm not at the stage yet where I want Chansiri gone, before him we had no chance at the premiership. We came as close as possible and although it may seem more distant now, we need an owner with funds even if he is restricted by FFP.

I do want him to bring in a Director of Football with experience of English football and a new manager with experience of the championship.

Release players who are on high wages at end of season, then build a squad and spend what money we can do wisely.

Apart from the first transfer window where we signed Bannan, Foriesteri and co, our dealings in the transfer market have been woeful since. Need someone who can build a squad!