He’s letting us down and here’s why ........

Jos has:

1.  No formation or structure - back 5 or back 4, changes in midfield 2,3 or 4, what on earth is Reach’s role - does he even know, and have any of our strikers shown even the faintest sign of joined up play between them.

2.  Inconsistency in selection.  So MANY changes week in week out.  How can any player (apart from Reach, BB, Dawson and League 1 Joey) feel comfortable knowing they may fall foul of Jos’s bingo selection techniques.

3.  Narrow mindedness - if he can’t recognise the quality he’s ignoring (Westwood and Hutchinson, FF on the bench!) that’s worrying or he is so stubborn that he will not back down even in such desperately bad times when his own job is on the line.  If so then he is clearly no effective man manager.  I actually wonder if Hooper, Lee and Winnal were fit whether they’d get near his first team, probably not.  Dawson will be a good keeper but he’s made some calamitous errors that for any other keeper at any other club would see their place under threat - Jos clearly has his favourites or is determined to prove his own views regardless of form - League 1 Joey EVERY game!

4.  Communication - Okay English is not his first language but that’s almost the norm nowadays with so many foreign coaches - He is unintelligible in interview and what he does give is so simplistic as to be useless and does not provide any insight into his real thoughts.  Can anyone say what Jos feels about things?  He seems so bland.

5.  Passion - Probably the least important (as long as results flow) but he’s simply a flat liner, bland and grey without any obvious character.  He hasn’t demonstrated any attempt at a connection with fans or to try and lead as a figurehead/representative of the club.

As a long standing fan I’ve seen worse play on many occasions previously but never have so many of our shortfallings been SELF INFLICTED

PS having said all that I still will not be booing at any match!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Thats a very long winded way of saying he's shiit.

He was a retired , unemployed , unknown so not sure why some people are so shocked.

A bit like Carlos the Clown , with his 16 failed previous clubs.

If a Manager looks a bit shiit, smells a bit shiit and delivers shiit. He's probably shiit.

17 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He was a retired , unemployed , unknown so not sure why some people are so shocked.

If a Manager looks a bit shiit, smells a bit shiit and delivers shiit. He's probably shiit.

Although we agree in our final assessment I was always taught at school to show my ‘workings out’ 

• Haha 5

The only one of those that isn't potentially impacted by our owner and threat of FFP P&S is number 5.

Im not defending Jos here, on the face of it he's having an absolute mare. I just think there's way more to it than any of us know.

We should be asking why he hasn't been sacked. My bet is that he is just about on course to do exactly what he has been tasked with. Keep us up as cheaply as possible. 

1. That will be Reach who has scored more goals this season from his unknown position than any other

2. We have a squad of cripples and Bannan collecting yellow cards like confetti.  Pelupessy is the only

central midfielder that offers any protection at all to the defence.  Bannan and Reach offer nothing

without the ball

3.Westwood was good but became inconsistent and injury prone, Hutchinson misses large swathes of every season

and so does Foristieri. Dawson has made one bad mistake and had to make more saves than anybody in the division.

Joey - see above

4. Casual racism always a good one to throw in

5.Public hammed up displays of passion, you are correct it is of the least importance

I would say move Hector alongside Pelupessy and have either Bannan or Reach behind a front two with no defensive

responsibilities at all as they are both liabilities.  It is easy to blame Jos, but he inherited an unbalanced injury prone squad,

what the fizz is he supposed to do 

How far back do you want to go.? We were on the brink of extinction when Milan Mandaric bought us for a song,and pad off our 'debts'. I don't recall him sinking a lot of money into the club. He promised that , when he sold, it would be to someone with money, who cared about what he was buying. In his first two or three years, DC changed the whole ethos of the club. He got rid of the terrible slope, with its useless drainage, he installed the huge screen.Not all mind-blowing, I know, but an expense.. In his first couple of seasons, we achieved a play-off final, and a play-off semi-final. last season was not one of our best, but this season is still only half way t, and it is only recently, we were in 6th place in the League. Come the inevitable run of bad results, and he is wrecking the club, interfering with the Manager, picking the team, and probably cleaning the Ladies Toilets or something.

Wednesdayites would find something to grumble about were we to get an Owner/Manager who took us straight to the top of the Premiership..

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

1. That will be Reach who has scored more goals this season from his unknown position than any other

2. We have a squad of cripples and Bannan collecting yellow cards like confetti.  Pelupessy is the only

central midfielder that offers any protection at all to the defence.  Bannan and Reach offer nothing

without the ball

3.Westwood was good but became inconsistent and injury prone, Hutchinson misses large swathes of every season

and so does Foristieri. Dawson has made one bad mistake and had to make more saves than anybody in the division.

Joey - see above

5.Public hammed up displays of passion, you are correct it is of the least importance

I would say move Hector alongside Pelupessy and have either Bannan or Reach behind a front two with no defensive

responsibilities at all as they are both liabilities.  It is easy to blame Jos, but he inherited an unbalanced injury prone squad,

Beat Rotherham at home.

lol

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Probably :luhukay:

3 hours ago, bdmfournil said:

without the ball

Joey - see above

Casual racism - hardly.  He’s one of what seems like many ‘foreign’ managers but who else comes across so badly?  I really think he might be better advised using an interpreter because surely he can’t mean to talk such bafflingly incompetent tosh.      Just a little insight or knowledge would do.

Sorry but I switched off after you defended League 1 Joey.  There’s no doubt he’s very committed (more so than others in fact) but he’s one paced, not particularly good in the air and offers nothing but a backwards or sideways first time ball - He’s a shallow imitation of Semedo and his consistent inclusion in the team shows where Jos is taking us.

That said I still won’t boo him!

57 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Casual racism - hardly.  He’s one of what seems like many ‘foreign’ managers but who else comes across so badly?  I really think he might be better advised using an interpreter because surely he can’t mean to talk such bafflingly incompetent tosh.      Just a little insight or knowledge would do.

Sorry but I switched off after you defended League 1 Joey.  There’s no doubt he’s very committed (more so than others in fact) but he’s one paced, not particularly good in the air and offers nothing but a backwards or sideways first time ball - He’s a shallow imitation of Semedo and his consistent inclusion in the team shows where Jos is taking us.

That said I still won’t boo him!

Joey is consistent. Consistently poor.