Westwood to Weeds

Would be a good move for him and a good move for us. I think it's a no brainer to be honest. I would even just announce that the deal will go through on 1st Jan. If the rumours true about Hutch to QPR too then get it all announced. Anyone want Boyd, Jones, Abdi? Sooner they go the sooner we can buy some new talent.

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Leeds have pulled out of two money deals for Keepers, so it does seem a little obvious they would go for a wages only deal for Westwood, If so good luck to him !

Phil Hay from YEP reckons hes not someone Leeds are after...

Plot thickens!

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I agree. But I'd feel much better about it if we'd have sold him in the summer, and he wasn't going to help Leeds' promotion charge.

Selling players at peak value is something we've never done that well. There's a few we could have cashed in on over the years.

Mind. We're talking as if hes definitely off...

When it comes to transfers I never believe it till I see them posing in front of an empty stand with a scarf held aloft.

Maybe he was playing yesterday because the manager is going to put him in the squad...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

All things considered Mr And Mrs Westwood will be so proud to have two sons who have reached great levels of sporting achievement albeit in different sports Lee and Kieren Westwood

you've done them proud ....

Imagine if Jos had been captain of the Ryder Cup team though. Poor Lee would never have made the team.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

He should be in our team, we all know that, but it looks like we've burnt our bridges with him.  So as he'd be leaving in the summer on a free anyway we may as well let him go in January and save six months wages.

Just a shame about the 12 months we have being paying him for sweet FA!

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Getting a high earner off the books is better than the current limbo of having a high eaner sat on his arris.

This may be true but hardly a fact to be applauded, losing a keeper for nothing to a club with genuine promotion hopes having paid him the contract that we agreed to give him for the past year for absolutely nothing.

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I have family who are Leeds fans

They told me last season there were rumours that they were looking at Westwood

They say a lot of supporters get on the keepers back because he has a mistake in him

They also say he’s a decent shot stopper, but doesn’t command his back four, and they’d prefer to have someone who is the finished article

Sounds like a familiar problem........

5 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Not if we are not going to be playing him it isn't, which you have to admit looks rather likely. 

Understand your point but it would only be madless to get shut of him if we were showing any signs of picking him. 

It was a badly constructed joke.