Westwood to Weeds

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

Cannot see it, that young keeper they've got is more than good enough,  people are already fuming here and after Westwoods return, having him start yesterday and Dawsons error against Rotherham, I would to think he's getting ready to play for us not them scum bags.  If and big if Jos is off.

Give our best keeper to them and for free I would be furious.

I have family who are Leeds fans

They told me last season there were rumours that they were looking at Westwood

They say a lot of supporters get on the keepers back because he has a mistake in him

They also say he’s a decent shot stopper, but doesn’t command his back four, and they’d prefer to have someone who is the finished article

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Makes sense considering he’s just sat doing nothing. Gets him off the wage bill.

But a sensible club would have had Westwood in net for his final year, with young Dawson out on loan for the season at a League One club. 

Instead we’ve caused unrest amongst the fans, had our best keeper picking up a good wage at home and put a young keeper in the firing line for criticism and abuse. 

Absolutely abysmal management. 

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I have family who are Leeds fans

They told me last season there were rumours that they were looking at Westwood

They say a lot of supporters get on the keepers back because he has a mistake in him

They also say he’s a decent shot stopper, but doesn’t command his back four, and they’d prefer to have someone who is the finished article

Correct. Leeds have been looking for a new keeper and there has been an enquiry about Westwood. I was told about this at least a week ago. 

But unless something has changed, at that time the message Leeds were given is that Westwood was unavailable. 

Is Wildsmith suffering with a long term injury do we know? 

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why? What other experienced keeper are we going to get to play the odd half a game in the U23s? Madness to get shut of him.

Not if we are not going to be playing him it isn't, which you have to admit looks rather likely. 

Understand your point but it would only be madless to get shut of him if we were showing any signs of picking him. 

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Correct. Leeds have been looking for a new keeper and there has been an enquiry about Westwood. I was told about this at least a week ago. 

But unless something has changed, at that time the message Leeds were given is that Westwood was unavailable. 

Is Wildsmith suffering with a long term injury do we know? 

Was on the bench on Saturday, as he has been for every other league game this season, so unless he did himself a mischief between Saturday night and yesterday morning then no.

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

Cannot see it, that young keeper they've got is more than good enough,  people are already fuming here and after Westwoods return, having him start yesterday and Dawsons error against Rotherham, I would to think he's getting ready to play for us not them scum bags.  If and big if Jos is off.

Agree

Just now, alanharper said:

Was on the bench on Saturday, as he has been for every other league game this season, so unless he did himself a mischief between Saturday night and yesterday morning then no.

Thanks mate. Rhetorical question.

Awaits someone to suggest we’re going to play Westwood for the U23s to protect the other keepers, and until he moves on to Leeds, which would make no bloody sense either (as we’d risk him getting injured and scuppering a deal).

Or one of our young keepers is moving somewhere in January and we need Westwood until we at least find another keeper ourselves?

Or there is an intention for Westwood to be given an opportunity to reclaim his first team slot?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Soz if the pope's had a mare but Mirror seem to think KW is off to Leeds on a free.

Would explain his involvement in u23's yesterday.

I get that we might want to clear him off the wage bill but with no fee at all? That's DC driving the hardest of bargains....with himself.

image.png.7b50aa21d9f2d785fecec1a7438c7220.png

Ludicrous. Club with worst defence gives away best keeper in the division.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Thanks mate. Rhetorical question.

Awaits someone to suggest we’re going to play Westwood for the U23s to protect the other keepers, and until he moves on to Leeds, which would make no bloody sense either (as we’d risk him getting injured and scuppering a deal).

Or one of our young keepers is moving somewhere in January and we need Westwood until we at least find another keeper ourselves?

Or there is an intention for Westwood to be given an opportunity to reclaim his first team slot?

Two potential explanations -

Jos is finally f**ing off and Westwood is back in the first team picture but needs a few games to regain match sharpness, possibly at the request of a new manager

or

Westwood is going to Leeds or somewhere else but they wanted some reassurance that he actually is fit to play before committing

It's odd that Boyd randomly returned as well after also being frozen out all season, but I suppose that either scenario above could equally apply to him as well. Interesting that Steve Bruce will know Boyd well from his time at Hull and may see him as being able to come back in and do a job.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Two potential explanations -

Jos is finally f**ing off and Westwood is back in the first team picture but needs a few games to regain match sharpness, possibly at the request of a new manager

or

Westwood is going to Leeds or somewhere else but they wanted some reassurance that he actually is fit to play before committing

It's odd that Boyd randomly returned as well after also being frozen out all season, but I suppose that either scenario above could equally apply to him as well. Interesting that Steve Bruce will know Boyd well from his time at Hull and may see him as being able to come back in and do a job.

I’m going with the optimistic view that 

a)JL is history

b)We’ll have a full compliment of players to choose from when JL is gone.

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

L**ds fans at work salivating ta the prospect of getting Westwood.

They dont rate their current keeper

Guest addedtime
37 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Ludicrous. Club with worst defence gives away best keeper in the division.

He's not really anymore though is he?

7 minutes ago, addedtime said:

He's not really anymore though is he?

I guess we don't know if he doesn't play, perhaps he'll get a chance vs. Luton or something, but would that be unfair on Wildsmith? If (big if) KW is back in with a shout then Wildmith might need to go on loan, because he looks a great prospect too.

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, jomaco said:

I guess we don't know if he doesn't play, perhaps he'll get a chance vs. Luton or something, but would that be unfair on Wildsmith? If (big if) KW is back in with a shout then Wildmith might need to go on loan, because he looks a great prospect too.

Look at the keeper at S2 at the minute. Hate to say it but he's so much better than we have here.

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I think the same could be said for a few of our players.

Forestieri , Reach, Joao....You couldn't fault any of those three for jumping ship . They could all ' do a job' for a genuine promotion contender  ( like we were just a few seasons ago ).

Fessi and Reach could play in the Premiership , Joao ..well it would be interesting to see what he could in a team more suited to him.

None of our players are good enough for the Prem