Westwood to Weeds

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

This may very well be true - but Jos has openly said that he, and the rest of the £120kpw for doing nothing gang, aren't being selected for footballing reasons and Westwood is officially third choice keeper.

So he's either a buffoon who stubbornly refuses to select players who'd strengthen a struggling squad, or he's openly lied to the fans. Either way he comes out of it looking like a c___

I don’t get why he just doesn’t come clean though? It’s obvious he’s on the brink so what’s he got to lose? Just come out & say if they’re not being selected for financial reasons. If D.C. is interviewing managers behind his back why is Jos still towing the party line?

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Getting a high earner off the books is better than the current limbo of having a high eaner sat on his arris.

Playing a high earner because he improves the team and that's what he is paid for, makes the most sense.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Trouble is, I think we'd all be a bit foolish to think Jos is this great big dictator who happens to be working for a control freak, who is not sacking him. This has to be Chansiri for me.

Look at Jos, he looks and sounds like a yes man to me.

While Jos is here, not so many pointing the finger at DC. 

He looks and sounds like how his teams play football, timid

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

I don’t get why he just doesn’t come clean though? It’s obvious he’s on the brink so what’s he got to lose? Just come out & say if they’re not being selected for financial reasons. If D.C. is interviewing managers behind his back why is Jos still towing the party line?

Because he wants to remain entitled to any settlement on his sacking. Probably some kind of clever Non Disclosure Agreement in his contract that Katrien was tasked with putting in.

Remember Carlos saying we'd find out the truth at end of last season? That fizzled out a bit too.

Jos is renowned for things he is not able to demonstrate here so I'm looking at the top man DC

Just now, Prince said:

Playing a high earner because he improves the team and that's what he is paid for, makes the most sense.

If indeed he would improve the team I agree wholeheartedly.

Personally can't say if he would as I haven't seen him play for the best part of a calender year.

A transfer would at least *put the situation to bed either way , whatever the reasoning for the exclusion, it's been a shadow that has hung over the season.

*(until he turns up with his new club and has a blinder:ph34r::laugh: cue- Meltdown)

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Because he wants to remain entitled to any settlement on his sacking. Probably some kind of clever Non Disclosure Agreement in his contract that Katrien was tasked with putting in.

Remember Carlos saying we'd find out the truth at end of last season? That fizzled out a bit too.

Jos is renowned for things he is not able to demonstrate here so I'm looking at the top man DC

A non disclosure agreement crossed my mind but it’s been said we’re not putting some of the big earners on the bench to save on appearance fees. If we’re doing that to save a few grand then why put in a contractual agreement that could potentially cost ten times that figure. Unless Jos works cheap that is.

Not playing him is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen at our club but half a years salary for our THIRD choice on an estimated £20k per week is a saving of £520k for the last 6m of his deal. 

I like most most would pick him, but in the current situation I’d take that saving against our wage bill. 

• Thanks 1

Makes sense. Leeds are in that enviable position going into January where any money they spend will be to consolidate and add depth to get them over the line. Getting arguably the best goalkeeper in the division on the cheap is a great move.

Honestly, if I were them I'd chuck in a £4m bid with a couple of add-on's for Forrestieri as well.

Surely, if he went to Leeds, he would still be the second-string keeper.? And haven't they recently signed up the young ex Feeynord Keeper full time?  They have already got Jamie Peacock as regular, and now this young Keeper And their defensive record is rather better than ours. 

Another blinder here, reducing Westy's value from Boro's bid of £5 million to nowt now.

Meanwhile, paying him , what, £20,000 per week not to play while we go down toilet.

Then helping Leeds secure promotion - and a near  EPL  move maybe with Doyen involved?

Hard to make this up.

35 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I think the same could be said for a few of our players.

Forestieri , Reach, Joao....You couldn't fault any of those three for jumping ship . They could all ' do a job' for a genuine promotion contender  ( like we were just a few seasons ago ).

Fessi and Reach could play in the Premiership , Joao ..well it would be interesting to see what he could in a team more suited to him.

Fessi and Reach in prem  :tango:

52 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Fessi and Reach could play in the Premiership 

Entitled to opinions of course, but I don't get where this idea comes from.

2015/16 Forestieri might have had a chance, but not now.  Take away the screamers and would anybody say that about Reach based on his actual play? I doubt it. 

Both are better than anything we've got at the moment it has to be said, but decent championship players and nothing more