Ben Wilkinson

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Jose Mourinho's daughter might be a good shout in that case.

Lived in Portugal, Spain and Italy and seen all the best teams, managers and players, dad has won the lot and is said to favour open play with two up front.

IMG_7216.JPG

I wonder why his hands are where they are in that photo on the right ?????  lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Jose Mourinho's daughter might be a good shout in that case.

Lived in Portugal, Spain and Italy and seen all the best teams, managers and players, dad has won the lot and is said to favour open play with two up front.

IMG_7216.JPG

Every dad's dream isn't it. Standing in the spotlight with your daughter while the international newspapers all take photos of your daughters t!t$.

• Haha 3

If we're going down this route might as well give it to Haslam.

I don't agree by the way just making a point.

We need a quick fix until the end of the season, then reassess for the long run.

My choice would be Holloway then someone young and dynamic and give them time to build until the FFP cycle restarts.

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Theresa May will be available soon. Good cv. Plenty of European contacts, knows people in high places (probably get Trump as D of F), could probably get FFP kicked into touch, and best of all she worships Geoff Boycott.

At the moment I think May would be a better risk than Jo’s. 

This is not a daft suggestion. Ben Wilkinson coached under 18s last year and they used high pressing tactics which they have employed to some effect this season. He was head hunted by Manchester City for their U/23s at end of last season.. Howard Wilkinson was not a good footballer but was excellent coach and if his son has followed his example he will be ok. I think bringing him in as assistant to a more mature / seasoned coach would be a good idea. I am sure his dad would be available to offer advice if necessary.

I think its a safe bet ben Wilkinson will have success as a football manager / head coach in the future. 

Remember Man City recruited head of Academy Ramsdale year before so I suspect they are well aware of young Ben's capabilities. Manchester City also have a project in place monitoring all young managers in Europe looking for the outstanding coaches of future. So to be selected to coach under 23s tell you he is very capable.

45 minutes ago, Quist said:

This is not a daft suggestion. Ben Wilkinson coached under 18s last year and they used high pressing tactics which they have employed to some effect this season. He was head hunted by Manchester City for their U/23s at end of last season.. Howard Wilkinson was not a good footballer but was excellent coach and if his son has followed his example he will be ok. I think bringing him in as assistant to a more mature / seasoned coach would be a good idea. I am sure his dad would be available to offer advice if necessary.

I think its a safe bet ben Wilkinson will have success as a football manager / head coach in the future. 

Remember Man City recruited head of Academy Ramsdale year before so I suspect they are well aware of young Ben's capabilities. Manchester City also have a project in place monitoring all young managers in Europe looking for the outstanding coaches of future. So to be selected to coach under 23s tell you he is very capable.

Excellent points here. Look at the calibre of staff that Man City have employed to get to where they are today - ruthless improvement at the top (Mark Hughes - Mancini - Pellegrini) and the same with players (Lee one Pen, Goater, SWP, Bagatelley, Aguero)

what had Bens dad done before he worked his wonders with us? 

4 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Excellent points here. Look at the calibre of staff that Man City have employed to get to where they are today - ruthless improvement at the top (Mark Hughes - Mancini - Pellegrini) and the same with players (Lee one Pen, Goater, SWP, Bagatelley, Aguero)

what had Bens dad done before he worked his wonders with us? 

He won promotion with Notts County.and worked in non league.

The recent developments at Man City over last few years are I stark contrast to what happened when they first took over.

I suppose its much better to look at an old has been or some geezer who has not heard of Sheffield Wednesday before getting call and asking to manage them or an appointment that suits advisors more than club.

Jjust think he has pedigree to do well if like his father he will learn as he goes along and having some one like him as assistant manager coach gives an opportunity for progression at a later date rather than in current situation where there is no obvious successor in first team coaching ranks.

8 hours ago, GHS said:

If we're going down this route might as well give it to Haslam.

I don't agree by the way just making a point.

We need a quick fix until the end of the season, then reassess for the long run.

My choice would be Holloway then someone young and dynamic and give them time to build until the FFP cycle restarts.

I'm not picking on your post in particular but keep seeing posts saying get this, that, or the other manager in for a quick fix till the end of season, then get someone else to rebuild from there.

I can't honestly see any decent manager coming to us on those terms. 

What manager would agree to take us on in the position we are in the league, some aging players, some who appear disinterested, some players allegedly frozen out, no funds for replacement players, and by the way we want you to go at the end of the season?