Manager's stubbornness

I don't hate Jos, he's an amicable guy. He came in at a horrendous time injury wise, unfortunately, things on that front haven't got much better.

Years and years in second place in league 1 I spoke to my dad regarding how Gary Megson's stubbornness was going to be the end of him. It was, as it was with Dave Jones and Carlos Carvalhal to come. 

Jos has tried to make some decisions, mainly choosing keepers for the future, and refusing to play any players that were injury prone, or, it seems, on wages that they were not earning. 

I implore him, for his own sake, to reverse decisions made. Put your pride aside Jos, no one cares about anything other than winning games. 

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Luhukay is finished at SWFC.

Your plea has come weeks to late.

Its a shame, I thought he was going to do a decent job. But lets move on and get someone decent in. He made decisions that haven't worked for him, and he will unfortunately pay the price. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Very much looks that way.

The Bruce reports seem pretty credible and point to the fact Chansiri is acting positively at last.

I still can't believe that Bruce would take the job considering the FFP restrictions and other nonsense behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I head an interesting rumour this weekend (and its only a rumour before anyone starts crying or demanding to know where I heard it) that Jos has a weekly budget to spend on bonuses. It certainly would explain a lot of things if true.

This started when we played at the Lane. Apparently Katrien Meire was in the directors/corporate box and this is where it originated...its based on appearance bonuses and players on structured contracts i.e. appearance related increases. I suppose if you look at it logically Westwood as played 143 games for us...7 games off a milestone. Hutchinson played 96 games for us....4 games off a milestone. You can just see the cogs turning in DC's head!!

This is the same game that KM also said something about DC having the kipper on with Westwood because he wouldn't accept a summer move to Stoke to be number 2 behind Jack Butland. The Butland to Chelsea deal fell through but they still wanted Westwood who wasn't prepared to go and be the number 2...DC has since put the shackles on Westwood every playing for us again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I head an interesting rumour this weekend (and its only a rumour before anyone starts crying or demanding to know where I heard it) that Jos has a weekly budget to spend on bonuses. It certainly would explain a lot of things if true.

How much is it. Ten quid. That’s perhaps why we don’t go out to actually win games

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So DC  gives him pocket money ? lol