Westwood starts u23

17 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember when Hirst started playing again for the U23s and everyone got excited only for him to leave in the Summer.

Same thing will happen here, he’s just getting game time so we can get him off the wage bill in January.

Unless Bruce has said "you can get that Westwood fit for a start".

lol

I don’t think this has anything to do with Dawson having a knock because we would still go with that Davis or another young keeper instead of wildsmith 

theres a reason westwood is playing I’ve no idea why but I’m guessing he will be getting considered for our first team or being put in the best possible position to be considered. 

I wouldn’t be ruling him out traveling to Wales,

It also gives the same suggestion with Boyd. Let’s yet them fit and use them finally some experience in that changing room

This is a sign of change even if it’s not the manager ( which I would suggest it might be ) 

Bullens work? 

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with Dawson having a knock because we would still go with that Davis or another young keeper instead of wildsmith 

theres a reason westwood is playing I’ve no idea why but I’m guessing he will be getting considered for our first team or being put in the best possible position to be considered. 

I wouldn’t be ruling him out traveling to Wales,

It also gives the same suggestion with Boyd. Let’s yet them fit and use them finally some experience in that changing room

This is a sign of change even if it’s not the manager ( which I would suggest it might be ) 

Bullens work? 

Maybe we want them in shop window, proving they’re fit and ready for January sales? 

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe we want them in shop window, proving they’re fit and ready for January sales? 

We’ve never operated like that before. Our approach is freeze out rot and release so I doubt that but I could be wrong

my gut feeling and I might be completely wrong because I have no inside knowledge so it might just be wishful thinking 

a change in manager is imminent

bullens be briefed of such 

bullens put the ground works in to get players in the best possible condition for 

1) am Intrim period before the new manager is appointed ( maybe quicker than we think ) 

2) has the squad in its best possible condition for the new manager to assess and select ( that could be to sell or use ) 

its a a massive change of approach considering the rumours of a manager change which are now seeming more likely 

I know I’ll have added 1+1 and got 26 but the hope we might be actually doing something positive to help the dog dirt of a season gives me something to hang onto 

please don’t kill it 

So he's been given a run to prove he's fit and available for interested parties ready for January.

Or maybe Jos has seen the Chairman for the first time in months today and said "I know you're trying to save a few bob by not letting the lads with huge bonuses play - but you do know that going into division 3 will probably cost you more n'that"