Jump to content


Recommended Posts



Can't see more than 10k for that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised you thought it was going to be a decent attendance anyway.

Crowd will be around 7,000 for this one.

 

Think club should close Kop for this one and just keep North and South open.

Edited by matthefish2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does the KO bit stand for knocked out ? :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luton will bring a large following, probably more of them than us :luhukay:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We get £50k for the overseas broadcast fee - which after Luton and the FA have had their share and expenses are covered will probably actually be more than we make in gate receipts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3.00pm k.o was in doubt from the moment the Blades were also drawn at home..I've never known a time when both Sheffield teams were at home together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The 3.00pm k.o was in doubt from the moment the Blades were also drawn at home..I've never known a time when both Sheffield teams were at home together.

Nothing to do with that, United are playing on the Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The 3.00pm k.o was in doubt from the moment the Blades were also drawn at home..I've never known a time when both Sheffield teams were at home together.

I forget the year but I'm sure we played Plymouth and they played Derby on the same day (both at home) in the cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The 3.00pm k.o was in doubt from the moment the Blades were also drawn at home..I've never known a time when both Sheffield teams were at home together.

 

Think last time we both played at home on a Saturday:

8th January 2005.

Sheffield United 3 Aston Villa 1 (FA Cup Game)

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Swindon Town 0 (League 1 Game)

 

IIRC Sheff United cup game kicked off early for TV as I remember watching it in the pub before.

 

Think last time both Sheffield teams played at home on the same day was 11th August 2009 both games in the league cup:

 

Sheffield United 1 Port Vale 2

Sheffield Wednesday 3 R0chdale 0

 

I dont get out much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luton remind me a quality away day in the early 80's, I chucked someone through a bush on someone's front garden & this old women came out bollocking this lad for being in her garden

 

and before anyone starts, the lad was swinging punches just before so no victim & I'm also aware that the above story is mainly funny for me as you had to be there

 

any way, 12:30pm KO??????? FA CUP RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Think last time we both played at home on a Saturday:

8th January 2005.

Sheffield United 3 Aston Villa 1 (FA Cup Game)

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Swindon Town 0 (League 1 Game)

 

IIRC Sheff United cup game kicked off early for TV as I remember watching it in the pub before.

 

Think last time both Sheffield teams played at home on the same day was 11th August 2009 both games in the league cup:

 

Sheffield United 1 Port Vale 2

Sheffield Wednesday 3 R0chdale 0

 

I dont get out much.

I remember this also rotherham were playing at don Valley as well so 3 games in one city all at the same time.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10k max...1,500 away fans (I think they are averaging about 1,100 away at the moment)!!

 

A club in decline I am afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I remember this also rotherham were playing at don Valley as well so 3 games in one city all at the same time.

 

Just looked it up and you are right. I do vaguely remember it.

Rotherham United 2 Derby 1.

All 3 attendances combined were 18,668.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

Luton remind me a quality away day in the early 80's, I chucked someone through a bush on someone's front garden & this old women came out bollocking this lad for being in her garden

 

and before anyone starts, the lad was swinging punches just before so no victim & I'm also aware that the above story is mainly funny for me as you had to be there

 

any way, 12:30pm KO??????? FA CUP RIP

Always said that Alan Titchmarsh deserves it, always in someone else's bush lol

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

The 3.00pm k.o was in doubt from the moment the Blades were also drawn at home..I've never known a time when both Sheffield teams were at home together.

Both Sheffield derby's in Sheffield :duntmatter:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×