Really Bruce ???

It surprises me that fans think a manager who was low to mid-table with these players:-

Adomah

Grealish

Kodja

Abraham

Hourihane

Jedinak

Chester

Elmohamedy

Bolasie

Whelan

...can somehow turn this team into a top half team:-

Dawson

Baker

Hector

Thorniley

Lees

Fox

Reach

Joey

Bannan

Joao

Nuhiu

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It surprises me that fans think a manager who was low to mid-table with these players:-

Adomah

Grealish

Kodja

Abraham

Hourihane

Jedinak

Chester

Elmohamedy

Bolasie

Whelan

Dawson

Baker

Hector

Thorniley

Lees

Fox

Reach

Joey

Bannan

Joao

Nuhiu

They were 90 mins away from the Prem last season.

Out of the current out of work managers available, who would you suggest if JL goes? 

46 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Adomah

Grealish

Kodja

Abraham

Hourihane

Jedinak

Chester

Elmohamedy

Bolasie

Whelan

Dawson

Baker

Hector

Thorniley

Lees

Fox

Reach

Joey

Bannan

Joao

Nuhiu

I wonder if when Leicester fans appointed Ranieri they said, he couldn’t even win the league with that Chelsea team, what chance has he got with Marc Albrighton in the side?

i.e. sometimes managers style/methods click better at different clubs. Maybe they use their previous experiences to learn from mistakes.

Maybe as Chansiri and Jos say leaving the better players out is a manager decision, means that Bruce would be allowed to pick Westwood, Hutch and Boyd etc

Maybe Bruce would play a better formation that doesn’t include 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders

Maybe bruce would be better at motivating our players to put in better performances than Jos does 

And maybe Bruce will have a better knowledge of the English market in January so he can wheel and deal, than Jos who hadn’t watched an English game in his life

Maybe Bruce has better contacts in this country to sign players on loan etc 

Just a few reasons why some fans think Bruce could get us to finish higher in the table 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guys, come on. Not only would Bruce be a top prize but shows a change of policy by Chansiri.

For Jan, we need an experienced guy with top transfer contacts who can trade us outta this mess.

My only worry 's Hogan but , like Jos, he was then working for a meglomaniac so you don't know what went off.

For balance, Steve helped transform Grealish from a good time Daddy's boy into a £40 million real player that Spurs still want at that price.

Edited by fred mciver

5 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

They were 90 mins away from the Prem last season.

Out of the current out of work managers available, who would you suggest if JL goes? 

Carlos has taken us to the play offs in both of his full seasons with Wednesday, with less resources than Bruce had at Villa

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Carlos has taken us to the play offs in both of his full seasons with Wednesday, with less resources than Bruce had at Villa

..how many teams has Bruce taken up? 

Bruce may have had more resources but in general he made good use of them.

what CC had he couldn’t deliver with when he needed to.

Bruce has on 5 occasions. 

On 10/12/2018 at 07:30, Blue and white said:

He did a number on us with what I would regard as a lesser Hull team, had it not been for Westwood it would have been a cricket score.

Not really, Hull were the better team. They marked FF out of the game and had a stronger in depth side.

Don't get me wrong, I was gutted, but they were the stronger team and deserved to win.