Really Bruce ???

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

And some think Paul Heckingbottom or Paul Hurst are a better option. :duntmatter:

In our current situation, Steve Bruce would be as handy as a chocolate fireguard

He’s the right man at the wrong time

Bruce without a big transfer budget wouldn’t work

And even when he is given a big transfer budget like at Villa, he managed to cocck that up

Villa are the biggest club in the Champioship, they had the biggest budget, and some of the Champioship’s better players, yet some of their performances were awful

Bruce would seriously mess our club up

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In our current situation, Steve Bruce would be as handy as a chocolate fireguard

He’s the right man at the wrong time

Bruce without a big transfer budget wouldn’t work

And even when he is given a big transfer budget like at Villa, he managed to cocck that up

Villa are the biggest club in the Champioship, they had the biggest budget, and some of the Champioship’s better players, yet some of their performances were awful

Bruce would seriously mess our club up

They were awful when he arrived, turned em around and took em to play off final last season. 

I hope we're that awful when he takes over. 

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He did a number on us with what I would regard as a lesser Hull team, had it not been for Westwood it would have been a cricket score.

Hmmm, lesser team:

Robertson LB (Champ League regular and top of the Prem)

Huddleston, Livermore and Diame MF

We lost it in midfield that day by not playing Lopez....

Anyway - Bruce, not ideal and hope he doesn't keep calling us Sheffield but anyone is better than this dour, passive, tactically confusing chap we have now.

Would prefer Meggo to get this season back on track then appoint a younger manager (a la Dean Smith type) in the summer to clear the deadwood and revitalise the team. 

Hootie & The ShitTu commented.

"And even when he is given a big transfer budget like at Villa, he managed to cocck that up"

In his first season at Aston Villa Steve Bruce  pulled them clear of relegation.

When he took over they won their first match after they had not won for 11 games.

In his second season at Aston Villa he got them to the Play Off Final at Wembley.

They lost by one goal.

Hootie & The ShitTu did not make any comment on Steve Bruce taking teams to the Premier League on 4 separate occasions.

Bruce would be an amazing coup for us to bring in as manager. One of the best promotion CV's out of this league and looking to bounce back and prove doubters wrong.

Sign him on a performance related contract if he does well he will be rewarded, if he fails then it's not a great vacuum left in our finances.We are crying out for a motivator and someone with experience in the Championship, he ticks those boxes.

7 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Hang on so many fans on here are exited about this potential but didn’t he get sack for playing boring unproductive football at villa himself and might I remember it was us that got him the sack??? He doesn’t exactly scream positive attacking football does he?? So why are so many excited personally he’s just an English Carlos for me ? Oh n might I add well

have that cr@p from other side of Sheffield saying agent Bruce like we did with Wilson ???

Yes, but he's a genuine actual football manager rather than some random DC got talking to at the airport... 

there is no guarantee that any manager coming in to this toxic situation can turn it around. It would seem however that the only way to get it right would be to re-motivate the bigger name players, get us organised at the back and influence some decent loan signings to come in. I think Bruce would be the best fit possible although I hope he still thinks of the fan base as it was when we had the play off final vs Hull

WTF:

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

They were awful when he arrived, turned em around and took em to play off final last season. 

I hope we're that awful when he takes over. 

It was his performances last season that got him sacked this season.  I mean if getting to a playoff final is the measure of success lets just bring Carlos back.

I mean this season Villa were firing on all cylinders and running away with the league....oh wait. He got sacked cos they were terrible this season, last season means naff all when they were terrible this year

Even we turned them over under Bruce ffs, if that doesn't ring alarm bells nothing should

Edited by Gob_Bluth

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

In his first season at Aston Villa Steve Bruce  pulled them clear of relegation.

When he took over they won their first match after they had not won for 11 games.

In his second season at Aston Villa he got them to the Play Off Final at Wembley.

The amount of cash they had spent, the player he had at his disposal, they should have walked this league, not end up 4th and runners up the play offs ..

If we are really skint ask Stuart Gray to come back. He can work on a budget. It won't be pretty but he would make us hard to beat and keep us in the Championship. I'd still bring him back if we have money to spend but I can see why others might disagree.

Gray would bring back organisation and defensive structure. I know DC won't do it so if we can find a few bob down the back of the sofa Bruce would be ok. He does seem to need a lot of money to achieve anything.

5 hours ago, prowl said:

If we are really skint ask Stuart Gray to come back. He can work on a budget. It won't be pretty but he would make us hard to beat and keep us in the Championship. I'd still bring him back if we have money to spend but I can see why others might disagree.

Gray would bring back organisation and defensive structure. I know DC won't do it so if we can find a few bob down the back of the sofa Bruce would be ok. He does seem to need a lot of money to achieve anything.

Gray & DC burnt that bridge many moons ago,its a tough task for any manager just now.

A settled side would go a long way to stopping the rot,but hed need to settle on his formation first :tango: