Really Bruce ???

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

You are never going to get a perfect choice as manager. Bound to have been sacked before after a bad run somewhere else.

Bruce probably best of a bad bunch. Been a good solid manager for a few clubs before you feel his career as a manager is on a bit of a downward slope.

Let’s just hope he has success with 1 Sheffield team :P haha 

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

Hang on so many fans on here are exited about this potential but didn’t he get sack for playing boring unproductive football at villa himself and might I remember it was us that got him the sack??? He doesn’t exactly scream positive attacking football does he?? So why are so many excited personally he’s just an English Carlos for me ? Oh n might I add well

have that cr@p from other side of Sheffield saying agent Bruce like we did with Wilson ???

I suggest you look at his overall managerial record you're talking b....cks !  

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

A lesser hull team. Really??

Odubajo  Dawson  Davies  Robertson Huddlestone Livermore Snodgrass Diame Hernandez Maguire Clucas. Player wise they were way better than us. 

Couldn't agree more he had a great squad for this level. 

I would argue that with the team he had they should have been nailed on for automatic promotion and instead they finished 4th! 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

He did a number on us with what I would regard as a lesser Hull team, had it not been for Westwood it would have been a cricket score.

Really? Don't know which game you were watching.

Statistic[7] Hull City Sheffield Wednesday
Total shots 10 9
Shots on target 4 3
Ball possession 47% 53%
Corner kicks 4 5
Fouls committed 10 10
Offsides 1 0
Yellow cards[1] 1 0
Red cards 0 0

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

For crying out loud.

Steve Bruce has 4, yes 4 promotions to the Premier League on his CV.

Hull City had nowhere near the quality of squad that Newcastle and Brighton possessed.

The key thing is that he delivered promotion as we know to our cost.

I've got no problem with Bruce but his squad was at least as good as Brighton's but he still did a great job getting them up with everything that was going on.

There is no need to downgrade that team to make a case for him - they went up and he saw to that.

Yes, I agree. 

We could argue endlessly about how strong the the Hull City squad was but Steve Bruce delivered promotion to the Premier League.

Though it was tough to take we all know that they had the edge on us at Wembley.

Keiron Westwood played a blinder in goal that day.

For me, Bruce would be a very good appointment. Vastly experienced, knows the league inside out, a safe pair of hands to avoid relegation, experience of getting teams promoted and a good record with recruitment (which will be important to rebuild in the summer)

Most importantly a massive improvement on the current manager.

Villa fans were never going to have Bruce because of his Birmingham ties. He took them as an underachieving side and took them to the play off final. He’s definitely left them in better shape then when he came. 

2 Promotions with Birmingham and 2 with Hull. Has a knack of attracting good players.

As for the “style” of play... it’d be nice to even have an indentity. Because right now we are an embarrassment. So if Bruce makes us a big strong direct team that goes and gets results then that’s fine by me because I’d rather that then see us pass ourselves in to trouble every game under Jos. 

Who exactly do we expect to attract when we're floundering in the bottom half of the Championship, Guardiola?

I'm not mega excited by the prospect of Bruce but I don't see who we're going to get that's any better. Experienced manager? Check. Knows this league? Check.  Oh but he got sacked from his last job - well how many available managers haven't? Oh but he doesn't play attractive football - well when have we done so in the last 20 years? For half a season under Carlos, apart from that the only managers we've had who've had a modicum of success have been Sturrock, Megson (yes he got the boot but he also got us to touching distance of promotion) and Jones who are hardly renowned for total football.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

For crying out loud.

Steve Bruce has 4, yes 4 promotions to the Premier League on his CV.

Hull City had nowhere near the quality of squad that Newcastle and Brighton possessed.

The key thing is that he delivered promotion as we know to our cost.

Didn't Burnley and Boro go up automatically that season? We played Brighton in the playoffs. 

Brighton and Newcastle went up the season after. 

1 minute ago, HighworthOwl said:

Didn't Burnley and Boro go up automatically that season? We played Brighton in the playoffs. 

Brighton and Newcastle went up the season after. 

Yes, Burnley Champions and Middlesbrough went up as runners up on Goal difference over Brighton