Really Bruce ???

Hang on so many fans on here are exited about this potential but didn’t he get sack for playing boring unproductive football at villa himself and might I remember it was us that got him the sack??? He doesn’t exactly scream positive attacking football does he?? So why are so many excited personally he’s just an English Carlos for me ? Oh n might I add well

have that cr@p from other side of Sheffield saying agent Bruce like we did with Wilson ???

Edited by Lomas613

11 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Hang on so many fans on here are exited about this potential but didn’t he get sack for playing boring unproductive football at villa himself and might I remember it was us that got him the sack??? He doesn’t exactly scream positive attacking football does he?? So why are so many excited personally he’s just an English Carlos for me ? Oh n might I add well

have that cr@p from other side of Sheffield saying agent Bruce like we did with Wilson ???

He did a number on us with what I would regard as a lesser Hull team, had it not been for Westwood it would have been a cricket score.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He did a number on us with what I would regard as a lesser Hull team, had it not been for Westwood it would have been a cricket score.

A lesser hull team. Really??

Odubajo  Dawson  Davies  Robertson Huddlestone Livermore Snodgrass Diame Hernandez Maguire Clucas. Player wise they were way better than us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is the football under Bruce going to be be attractive? Probably not. Will we have an identified style and more consistancy in team seelction and tactics? Absoultely. Not the best appointment but should make us more stable(won't go down) and definitely better than now.

If you look at when Megson came in, did he stop the decline? Yes, did he build a solid foundation in the side and make us hard to beat? Yes. Was the football amazing? Probably not. 

I'm not over the moon with Bruce but I think he'll at least know the basics of what the team needs. Should get the best out of Fletcher and co. 

We're in such a bad state that an attacking manager it's not going to work right now as heads all drop after we conceed. 

Bruce has been around the block a few times ,he knows the league and he knows the players. Not noted for his attacking style but if he can manage to find a couple of decent full backs and a couple of Centre halves we've been after for the last 3 years I'll take him. He's also a big enough personality to stop DC interfering (if he does).

There are options I'd prefer but he wouldn't be the worst choice.

We need someone to organise the team, sort out the squad availability and and be a big enough character to take it on. Now you have the likes of Bruce, Moyes, Hughes and one or two others available who fit the bill. There doesn't seem to be alot between them in my opinion. The other option is a left field appointment, someone with no experience in this league, (tried that, didn't work) or someone on the fringes like Phil Neville. So, two options - tried and trusted know what you are getting - or a gamble.

We need stability, someone who can apply his knowledge and start building. We can't afford another experiment.

Klopp isn't coming - we need to be realistic. At least with Bruce we would have a relatively high profile  manager who knows the league,

I mentioned about bruce to brum supporters when we got done 3-1 there , they said we like you lot and wouldn't wish him on you.  saying that id take a manager at bottom of league 2 compares to this idiot at least he would have 6 extra players available instantly , fetch subs on when needed etc 

No one should be getting excited, because so far there is not one good piece of evidence that Bruce is coming here, or indeed that there will be a vacancy.

However, most fans, I would say practically all fans, would like there to be a vacancy; and take the view that it is unlikely that whoever comes in will do worse than the incumbent. It is rather like thinking about the Democrat challenger in 2020.

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have been keen on Bruce. He is ok, but clearly limited. His Hull side outplayed us at Wembley, but no one was surprised we lost that game against a more experienced and expensively assembled side. If we were a well resourced promotion chasing side, I would rather look elsewhere. We are not. He would steady the ship. He would do.

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I mentioned about bruce to brum supporters when we got done 3-1 there , they said we like you lot and wouldn't wish him on you.  saying that id take a manager at bottom of league 2 compares to this idiot at least he would have 6 extra players available instantly , fetch subs on when needed etc 

Haven't you been criticising DC for his selection criteria re. managers then you quote a few random Birmingham fans' opinions on whether we should get Bruce?

Gets stranger every day on here.

I'm popping for some bread in a minute and they sell Danish pastries so I'll see what they make of Laudrup.

• Haha 1