I've got a source in club (No joke)

38 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I also know someone from inside the club very well, the difference between me and the op is that I would never ask, and even if I did they would never tell, just as it should be.

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You've got the devil in you at the moment you know?......

20181210_120916.jpg

lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

It's the same old story which I, as along term supporter, have heard, and still hear , every time we change Managers., and this seems to be more frequent than many change their socks, colloquially speaking. We hear all the 'big' names,most of whom have failed in the past, or the names of our own ex=Managers, who have failed anyway.

There seems to be glimmerings of light, and hope, in the Championship, and the lower reaches of the PL, of new , untried names, who, while not making the front pages of the Dailies, are doing a steady job, getting far more out of 'lesser' talent. Many of these are doing so on shoe-string budgets often tighter than our own.

Maybe this is the way to go. Were we to appoint a young, up-coming, forward thinking Manager , however,there would also have to be a drastic change of thinking amongst the root and branch supporters.  It is unreal to expect Wednesday, who face it are a mid-table second division club, to be suddenly challenging for supremacy at the top of he Premiership.  Take the almighty Liverpool, who, in Shankly's time were World beaters. For the last few years, glory has avoided them, and it has taken a good nuber of years to recover.

I'm all for giving a younger head a chance, rather than mamny of he failed names.  

But who? Paul Hurst flopped in the Championship, and we've also been there before with younger managers who've had a brief period of success at a smaller club and then can't hack the Wednesday job. e.g. Danny Wilson, Paul Jewell, Brian Laws, Chris Turner.

4 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Jos is a goner lads, just not sure when it'll be announced, really hope he's gone before the weekend, it's a massive game.

Not sure why Bullen gets so much stick, there's no proof he's a part of the problem.

Forest away on Boxing Day last year was one of our best performances of the season, all though I agree Butrton Albion on NYD was a disaster

I like Bullen but we should have been smashed in that game - lousy finishing by Forest spared us

4 hours ago, SheffWedOwl said:

People do realise that you don’t have be be stood in the same room to sack someone? It’s not the bleedin’ apprentice!

Not quite true I've only ever been sacked once in 40 years, and the cut did it by post. 

14 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Got a mate who works in a decent position at the club who says luhukay will be  sacked Monday.. bullen in caretaker charge alongside weaver. Apparently unlikely he will even take training . I believe my pal to be well sourced . We will see . I expect idiot reply's to this , but im telling the truth juat hope my pal is wawaw

Well it's now Monday and it's coming up to 2pm and Jos is still our manager. Did your source happen to mention what time it would happen or just the day? 

If Bullen took the manager’s job (not that I think he would even be on a very long shortlist) he will have burnt his boats. I can’t imagine him being a success as a manager, neither do I think him to be a fool, his wife is the owner of a very well established niche Sheffield based estate agency, she is very close to her parents, plus they have a young family, he’s doing fine as he is, they don’t offer sacked managers nice little jobs, do they?

14 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Got a mate who works in a decent position at the club who says luhukay will be  sacked Monday.. bullen in caretaker charge alongside weaver. Apparently unlikely he will even take training . I believe my pal to be well sourced . We will see . I expect idiot reply's to this , but im telling the truth juat hope my pal is wawaw

Can you ask your mate for an update.

• Haha 1