Booing at half time

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness he’d said fans were booing not because of the first 45 minutes but the season as a whole, how the club is being run, etc, etc.

So going on that logic, in the unlikely event that we’d been 4-0 up at HT, presumably fans would have still booed the side in?

Somehow I doubt it.

So you use "Logic" .............alongside........... "The unlikely event"..

How in the name of f.ook does that work?

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness he’d said fans were booing not because of the first 45 minutes but the season as a whole, how the club is being run, etc, etc.

So going on that logic, in the unlikely event that we’d been 4-0 up at HT, presumably fans would have still booed the side in?

Somehow I doubt it.

I think he meant it more along the lines that it was that particular 45 minutes was the straw that broke the camels back having endured much of the same for most of the season.

Had we played decent stuff all season and gone in 1-0 up with that performance I don't think we would have been roundly booed so it wasn't based on that 45 minutes in isolation was it.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think he meant it more along the lines that it was that particular 45 minutes was the straw that broke the camels back having endured much of the same for most of the season.

Had we played decent stuff all season and gone in 1-0 up with that performance I don't think we would have been roundly booed so it wasn't based on that 45 minutes in isolation was it.

Yep that's how I read it, so time to agree to disagree and move on.

I'm off for pint, cheers.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

So you use "Logic" .............alongside........... "The unlikely event"..

How in the name of f.ook does that work?

Simple really, would the side have been booed in if we’d been winning 4-0?

As I say, I seriously doubt it.

Not really hard to understand is it.

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Logic dictates they wouldn't be 4-0 up mate..

If they were booed while actually winning..logic would dictate the fans aren't happy

Edited by asteener1867

41 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Well you were the one explaining the reasons why Fans were booing, not sure you can do that if you weren’t actually booing yourself.

You can explain a legion of stuff about why folk are doing things that you don't asctually partake in yourself....

Poll tax riots...I disagreed with it, understood why folk rioted...but I don't riot myself

Wednesday fans...I understand why fans don't go anymore, but still go myself...

You don't have to partake in something to understand it...

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I also understood why Rotherham fans cheered when they scored...

How in the name of f.ook did I do that, when I didn't join in?

Again you’re being silly.

It’s clear why fans cheer a goal but it isn’t as clear (to me) why fans would want to boo their team when they’re winning and haven’t conceded.

You went it great detail about the various reasons why this had happened (which had little to do with the first 45mins) reasons that weren’t clear to me as a fan getting behind the team.

As I say, had the team been winning 4-0 I seriously doubt they’d have got booed in which would suggest that the majority of boos were aimed at the performance on the day, not from fans booing everything you’d listed.

As I mentioned earlier for me this was counter productive as I think if we’d backed them whilst in a winning position rather than get on their backs we might have actually won the match.

3 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Now I completely understand we pay our money and we have every right to voice our opinion at the players who are getting paid daft amount of money to put in crap performances week in week out. 

Now we didn't play well in that 1st half, at all. And we somehow went into it winning and some/most fans still booed. What message does this send out to the players? That even when we are winning we still boo? Must give them absolutely no confidence/motivation to come back out and maybe get booed again if they keep it at 1-0? 

I've done my fair share of booing in my time watching wednesday but it seemed extremely counter productive, we all know we want the manager out and the chants about him I didnt necessarily have an issue with, but to boo when our team are winning seems stupid. If we were given the choice to play like that every week and win then i'm sure most would take it.

If you don't enjoy the "Entertainment" I support anybodies right to boo after paying hard earned money. I never booed Megson's first tenure at the club as it didn't have a pot to pee in. Pulis had the biggest budget of any manager we had. Bought rubbish for exorbitant prices Played favourites, and, used Megson's style. Booed the crap out of him

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s clear why fans cheer a goal but it isn’t as clear (to me) why fans would want to boo their team when they’re winning and haven’t conceded.

You went it great detail about the various reasons why this had happened (which had little to do with the first 45mins) reasons that weren’t clear to me as a fan getting behind the team.

As I say, had the team been winning 4-0 I seriously doubt they’d have got booed in which would suggest that the majority of boos were aimed at the performance on the day, not from fans booing everything you’d listed.

As I mentioned earlier for me this was counter productive as I think if we’d backed them whilst in a winning position rather than get on their backs we might have actually won the match.

You think the booing at half-time was a causal factor in our poo start to the second half? I would like to think that they couldn't believe they were winning at half-time either due to the fact they surely knew how poorly they had played. 

We were dire in the first half and not much better in the 2nd and were lucky not to lose never mind consider how we might have won the game. This was not due to the crowd but the poor tactics, formations and team selections that the manager chooses.

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Back 'em while in a winning position?..Lasted 40 seconds..........

I totally agree its counter productive Trev...Its the main reason I don't do it

I'm saying I understand why fans do!

Its not a silly argument....

Everyone has a different breaking point..Saturday was it for a fair few...I totally understand why/

You don't have to join in with something, to understand why it is being done.

Lets take the first 45 minutes then...

Rotherham were all over us..They should have been in the lead....We scored ..I cheered...Some Wednesday fans saw the larger picture....Rotherham were all over us...They were unhappy....You obviously don't understand that..It happens I fully understand it.

The big picture was...We were hapless first half...I also understood that...I didn't Boo..cos I don't do it...It doesn't help in my opinion..Other fans opinions are different...I understand that...You don't

Edited by asteener1867

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think fans were saying to the team that just because we got a lucky goal before half time doesnt make up for yet another awful performance.

Got it in one. We played two back lines, the obvious 5 then Bannan and Pelupessy sitting just in front, against Rotherham a poor side just better than us. How the hell are we supposed to accept tactics like that. Rotherham were the best side first half, worked hard, wanted to win, were allowed to attack us because of the horrendous tactics. There is no way we should accept that even if we did score by some miracle.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If the team were 4 up at half time  then unless a complete fluke the performance would have been acceptable.

Yesterday the booing at half time was a mixture of another lacklustre performance, despite us going a goal up along with frustration with the way the club is being run on and off the pitch.

40 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

I reckon the people who get their knickers in a twist about booing are the same people who start crying about people who have the audacity to leave before the final whistle.

My knickers are twisted AND I leave before the final whistle. What now!?

• Haha 1

I’m against booing but I’d acknowledge it’s a personal call. When you pay good money to get sh!t on people react in different ways.

At our current rate of decline, how long before we’re faced with a “Boos before kickoff” thread.