Booing at half time

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I thought the booing at half time was out of order if I’m being honest.

The team are clearly low on confidence but somehow managed to keep a clean sheet and go in at HT 1-0 up, if anything they needed a boost, not booing in!!

Its not the sodding Samaritans Trev......

Do you honestly think they were being booed because of that particular 45 minutes?..Its a culmination of the line ups, the prices, the shambolic running of the club, the silence, the embargo  FFP , P&S..P&G..FFS and LMFAO

Breaking point...has arrived..Its surprising it took so long...

• Thanks 1

The players know anyhow..

are you telling me that as the announcer states the team the players don't know?

Bannan...(Cheers)

Forestiri..(Cheers and maybe a chant)

lees (meh)

Baker (mutter)

Fox..(grumble)

They know .. I bet they all avoid each others eyes..It must be really unpleasant for some of 'em

What do you do..slavishly go along with all of it, when it boils yer p *ss?

I'm fairly moderate meself...I was probably among the last 5 on here that defended Carlos..I hate swapping managers..but this one?

It isn't working...

I said you have to let him have the tools to do the job...Well maybe he hasn't had ALL of them..but you can certainly see with  the ones he has had...he's knocking nails in wiv a screwdriver while he has a hammer to hand.

That first half is the kind of performance that will go down in history, not seen anything as bad in a long time, it was just lucky Rotherham were equally as bad. Didn't boo them going in winning, the singing after Dawson's error was evil again, it's not his fault he's getting picked every week. Needs a loan move to develop and make mistakes under less pressure. 

33 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not the sodding Samaritans Trev......

Do you honestly think they were being booed because of that particular 45 minutes?..Its a culmination of the line ups, the prices, the shambolic running of the club, the silence, the embargo  FFP , P&S..P&G..FFS and LMFAO

Breaking point...has arrived..Its surprising it took so long...

Alright, calm down love.

For me the most important thing when I’m at a match is that we win the match regardless of who is manager, ticket prices, who the owner is etc. Of course I want to see Luhukay go but that didn’t stop me wanting us to win yesterday.

I just thought it was counter productive, we weren’t losing, we weren’t getting hammered, we were winning and stood an excellent chance at that point of getting 3 points, booing wouldn’t help the team do that, backing them however just might.

If you were booing because of all the things you have listed, I’m surprised you bothered going in the first place.

19 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That first half is the kind of performance that will go down in history, not seen anything as bad in a long time, it was just lucky Rotherham were equally as bad. Didn't boo them going in winning, the singing after Dawson's error was evil again, it's not his fault he's getting picked every week. Needs a loan move to develop and make mistakes under less pressure. 

It was bad, but not even the worst of the last fortnight. Did you miss the Bolton match?

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Alright, calm down love.

For me the most important thing when I’m at a match is that we win the match regardless of who is manager, ticket prices, who the owner is etc. Of course I want to see Luhukay go but that didn’t stop me wanting us to win yesterday.

I just thought it was counter productive, we weren’t losing, we weren’t getting hammered, we were winning and stood an excellent chance at that point of getting 3 points, booing wouldn’t help the team do that, backing them however just might.

If you were booing because of all the things you have listed, I’m surprised you bothered going in the first place.

I don't "Boo" mate..I never have done....

I might grumble, pout and moan in desperation...Nor did I join in with the "Jos Out" chants..I don't do that either...although I want him out..

The reason I f.ookin' bother, is because ive been going since 1963, and I still enjoy it..When I need a reason not to bother...I'll simply say "I'm not bothered ..I'm not going"..No excuse..

Seems that surprises you..and the fact that it surprises you...surprises me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

or this

I enjoyed that singing and dancing away here lol.

You stand up,  start singing it at next home game and ill join in ok. 

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Now I completely understand we pay our money and we have every right to voice our opinion at the players who are getting paid daft amount of money to put in crap performances week in week out. 

Now we didn't play well in that 1st half, at all. And we somehow went into it winning and some/most fans still booed. What message does this send out to the players? That even when we are winning we still boo? Must give them absolutely no confidence/motivation to come back out and maybe get booed again if they keep it at 1-0? 

I've done my fair share of booing in my time watching wednesday but it seemed extremely counter productive, we all know we want the manager out and the chants about him I didnt necessarily have an issue with, but to boo when our team are winning seems stupid. If we were given the choice to play like that every week and win then i'm sure most would take it.

Utter rubbish if we play badly week in week out we have the right to boo. If you were happy with 1 shot on target in the first half clap away. Obvious the majority weren't. 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Then that boo’d deserved the feeling of conceding inside 20 seconds of the restart, moronic 

Did you enjoy the first half? Did you think we deserved our lead? Do you think our hapless manager got the formation and tactics spot on? Do you think they should be applauded off having been 2nd best at home to a side that haven't won a Championship away game in over 35 attempts?

I don't agree with booing players individually during a game but that is not what happened here. How do you think the fans should voice their opinion on that performance? Are you blaming the fans for the incompetent start to the second half?

Edited by Guest

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Now I completely understand we pay our money and we have every right to voice our opinion at the players who are getting paid daft amount of money to put in crap performances week in week out. 

Now we didn't play well in that 1st half, at all. And we somehow went into it winning and some/most fans still booed. What message does this send out to the players? That even when we are winning we still boo? Must give them absolutely no confidence/motivation to come back out and maybe get booed again if they keep it at 1-0? 

I've done my fair share of booing in my time watching wednesday but it seemed extremely counter productive, we all know we want the manager out and the chants about him I didnt necessarily have an issue with, but to boo when our team are winning seems stupid. If we were given the choice to play like that every week and win then i'm sure most would take it.

Should not be counter productive at all; the players should have responded to the boos, rolled their sleeves up and come out determined to put in a better performance. We looked an embarrassment in the first half and had 2 shots, only 1 on target, against bl**st Rotherham. They were poor and we were even worse; they certainly didn't deserve being clapped off. I didn't boo but I can fully well understand why people did. Surprised it's taken this long; shows the patience of our fans.

35 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I might grumble, pout and moan in desperation...Nor did I join in with the "Jos Out" chants..I don't do that either...although I want him out..

The reason I f.ookin' bother, is because ive been going since 1963, and I still enjoy it..When I need a reason not to bother...I'll simply say "I'm not bothered ..I'm not going"..No excuse..

Well you were the one explaining the reasons why Fans were booing, not sure you can do that if you weren’t actually booing yourself.

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Me neither and agree with post and been going very slightly longer.

But what do others want fans to do, clap them off, basically saying it's OK to play like that.

Edited by ElsecarOwl

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Well you were the one explaining the reasons why Fans were booing, not sure you can do that if you weren’t actually booing yourself.

Really...??

If someone walked in front of a f.ookin' bus...Could I not have a sound reason for someone else shoutin' 

"Look out............ its a f.ookin' bus"

without having to do it meself?

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Don't think you need to partake to be able to understand the reasoning behind it.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Really...??

If someone walked in front of a f.ookin' bus...Could I not have a sound reason for someone else shoutin' 

"Look out............ its a f.ookin' bus"

without having to do it meself?

That’s a silly comparison as you can’t really draw a parallel between someone’s life being danger and fans booing at a football match.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

That’s a silly comparison as you can’t really draw a parallel between someone’s life being danger and fans booing at a football match.

You can if you see the reason behind it.and the pointlessness of pointing out the same thing

Ok have this Analogy...

"I totally understand why fans boo...but I don't like doing it"

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think you need to partake to be able to understand the reasoning behind it.

In fairness he’d said fans were booing not because of the first 45 minutes but the season as a whole, how the club is being run, etc, etc.

So going on that logic, in the unlikely event that we’d been 4-0 up at HT, presumably fans would have still booed the side in?

Somehow I doubt it.