Booing at half time

Now I completely understand we pay our money and we have every right to voice our opinion at the players who are getting paid daft amount of money to put in crap performances week in week out. 

Now we didn't play well in that 1st half, at all. And we somehow went into it winning and some/most fans still booed. What message does this send out to the players? That even when we are winning we still boo? Must give them absolutely no confidence/motivation to come back out and maybe get booed again if they keep it at 1-0? 

I've done my fair share of booing in my time watching wednesday but it seemed extremely counter productive, we all know we want the manager out and the chants about him I didnt necessarily have an issue with, but to boo when our team are winning seems stupid. If we were given the choice to play like that every week and win then i'm sure most would take it.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think fans were saying to the team that just because we got a lucky goal before half time doesnt make up for yet another awful performance.

How was it lucky? 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Then that boo’d deserved the feeling of conceding inside 20 seconds of the restart, moronic 

Felt nowt mate...it was hardly unexpected was it, the only unexpected occurence was us taking the lead.

As for the booing, No ..i don't do it...i howl out frustratedly, which is much the same thing as it adds to the whole cacophony of obvious displeasure.

At least the folk who slate the critics on social media now know its more or less a universal disenchantment.

What are fans expected to do?

They see a different set up every week, rumours of discord amongst the players and manager, the chairman and staff, whether true or not, all add to the general stew of crap that is Wednesday at the minute.

So what do you expect fans to do?..sit there and pout, while paying the highest prices in the league for THAT on Saturday

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

I remember a match years ago, we were so bad in the first half that we got "boo'd on" for the second half.

Its not a new thing...I can remember carting back up from some backwater down South in the 70's  and watching the team bus go past coach after coach of Owls fans..all giving them them the V sign and howling at them

Edited by asteener1867

29 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Then that boo’d deserved the feeling of conceding inside 20 seconds of the restart, moronic 

Yep, the defence certainly made us pay for the booing at HT. Hold on a sec, they've been playing like that most of the season. I did not boo at HT, before you ask. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

34 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Now I completely understand we pay our money and we have every right to voice our opinion at the players who are getting paid daft amount of money to put in crap performances week in week out. 

Now we didn't play well in that 1st half, at all. And we somehow went into it winning and some/most fans still booed. What message does this send out to the players? That even when we are winning we still boo? Must give them absolutely no confidence/motivation to come back out and maybe get booed again if they keep it at 1-0? 

I've done my fair share of booing in my time watching wednesday but it seemed extremely counter productive, we all know we want the manager out and the chants about him I didnt necessarily have an issue with, but to boo when our team are winning seems stupid. If we were given the choice to play like that every week and win then i'm sure most would take it.

Fact is we're struggling against Rovrum. Listening to them singing we're f'ing s@@t and agreeing while silently watching a horror show unfold just hurts. Booing is literally the only way we can show our disapproval. It would have been 10x louder if Joao hadn't scored. Personally I wasn't sure whether to clap or boo them off so like the majority I sat quietly bewildered, considering again how incredibly we've royally screwed up a great opportunity to make our club great and instead feel abject apathy about even using my ST.