Baker

Needs a solid experienced old warhorse at the side of him at cb, someone that talks organises and motivates. 

The lads not that bad, just like many others suffering from our poorly balanced recruitment and jos the rotator constantly chopping and changing things. You can also take into account whe  we play the narrow 4-3-3 the fullbacks aren't given enough protection like in our old  4-4-2. 

You have to ask why Baker is 15-20 yards into the opponents half straight after the re-start from where he directs a header straight to the Rotherham player who makes the pass for Smith to score. Apart from that 'assist' he did very little to justify his inclusion IMO, and is not good enough. Call me old school but I like my FBs to defend, especially when we're leading against the run of play.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

2 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

He’s very poor not near the level required, seems scared to death every time ball comes near or a winger has a run at him. Can’t beat a man going forward either. Needs a loan spell league 1/2.  

If you mean half a league, then I agree with you . Thats where half of them should be.

1 hour ago, HarryPlopper said:

What is quite laughable is that he is in truth a centre back, pushed to right back at two points in time in his time with us.

Both those points in time have been when Wednesday have needed a right back at u23 level and first team level.

He's never played CB

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Pointless criticising the young players.

After Carlos the Clown starved them of experience and development, DC the destroyer has forced them into doing mens jobs while they are still boys.

Mismanagement and incompetence all round.

Can't disagree, however a lot of my point was that Baker isn't exactly a youngster.

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Can't disagree, however a lot of my point was that Baker isn't exactly a youngster.

Agree totally. Just think he's been thrown in too late and missed out on the development a skilled Manager could have given him years ago.

I think it's a bit of a harsh post if I'm honest.  

How much did we pay for him?  It can hardly be described as costing us a great deal that is putting a great burden on our financial resources,  Expectations generally comes with the amount spent.  The higher the fee, the better the player will be, meaning the higher the expectation will be. 

If we are looking at the actual context, then he isn't doing as bad as he is being made out in this thread.  

5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Never one to single out players and slag them off, but my god how bad is Baker? All this he's a youngster b0llox doesn't wash because he's 22 years old, if you aren't good enough at that age you aren't likely to ever be, and with how far off the pace he is he wont. Palmer is a very average full back at this level and I'm crying out for him to start every week it's getting that bad. In January we seriously need to beg someone to loan us two competent full backs until May.

That’s one of the best not singling out or slagging off a young player I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

That’s one of the best not singling out or slagging off a young player I’ve ever seen.

Yes, I made the point that I never do it, but this one I couldn't let slide. I've never seen a supposed young player, who's actually closer in age to Joao than Penney, look as unready as Baker. He needs taking out for his own good.

As poor as Baker is, I rate him higher than Palmer

For anyone that thinks Palmer is a fullback, just watch his reaction when a cross comes in from the opposite wing, he’s always ball watching instead of covering the back stick

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 hours ago, Beholder said:

Jos has a strange idea on players. 

He seems to favour low quality. 

No wonder we are dropping towards oblivion. 

It must all be related to stuff going off behind the scenes 

I can’t remember once in memory where a manager favoured unproven youngsters ahead of proven league quality players 

Its all bewildering 

Edited by FreshOwl

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Which considering we have a supposedly defensive minded manager is quite impressive. 

Well, tbf, he did inherit them all...though his persistence with playing the likes of Fox, Baker etc is pretty mystifying. 

It's almost like he'd rather have lesser players playing, as they're less likely to question his methods, just be grateful to feature and so forth.