Baker

Never one to single out players and slag them off, but my god how bad is Baker? All this he's a youngster b0llox doesn't wash because he's 22 years old, if you aren't good enough at that age you aren't likely to ever be, and with how far off the pace he is he wont. Palmer is a very average full back at this level and I'm crying out for him to start every week it's getting that bad. In January we seriously need to beg someone to loan us two competent full backs until May.

• Like 1

Dropped in to the team way  too early without any experience at this level so it's harsh to judge him, It looks like he isn't good enough for the Championship at the minute that is clear. No point bringing anyone in on loan with this clown in charge. 

In my opinion Baker and Palmer are the worst 2 right backs in the league. Both are absolutely crap. I do prefer Palmer which says a lot to where Baker is as I don’t rate Palmer at all. 

Some of the posters on here slagging Jack Hunt off. He’s absolutely streets ahead of those 2. He was a very good footballer and was also a good outlet. These 2 struggle with the basics of football.

1 minute ago, hodgybysea said:

Ah well,I think that's a full house of players being slagged off on the site ,nice to see folks getting behind our club and players whilst things aren't going well.Many can't have been around for long,this is nothing to where we've been in the past. 

You taking the p!ss? I support the players at the game as I will be down at Swansea next week, this is the place to discuss things like this. 

44 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Never one to single out players and slag them off, but my god how bad is Baker? All this he's a youngster b0llox doesn't wash because he's 22 years old, if you aren't good enough at that age you aren't likely to ever be, and with how far off the pace he is he wont. Palmer is a very average full back at this level and I'm crying out for him to start every week it's getting that bad. In January we seriously need to beg someone to loan us two competent full backs until May.

Simply not good enough, like Fox & joey

9 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

What is quite laughable is that he is in truth a centre back, pushed to right back at two points in time in his time with us.

Both those points in time have been when Wednesday have needed a right back at u23 level and first team level.

What's "quite laughable" is that he's 5'10''... fair enough he can't help he hasn't got another 6 inches to play with but it must have been pretty clear for the last 2/3 years that he's not going to have the physicality to make it as a CB high up in the footballing pyramid. If he wants to make it, he's got to adapt to a different position other than CB.

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What's "quite laughable" is that he's 5'10''... fair enough he can't help he hasn't got another 6 inches to play with but it must have been pretty clear for the last 2/3 years that he's not going to have the physicality to make it as a CB high up in the footballing pyramid. If he wants to make it, he's got to adapt to a different position other than CB.

My issue is not with Baker, but being shoehorned into something he maybe is not - or is not yet.   His age is not an issue if he is being asked to do something he was not asked to do in his previous 8 years or so.

In reality, I refuse to Judge Baker this season - why should I?  He is coming into a poor side low on confidence.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Are you sure you're Not John Newsome? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Prince said:

No point bringing anyone in on loan with this clown in charge. 

You may be right. But I can't but help ask myself how things might have looked right now if we had addressed the issue of our defence a couple of years ago when we had a decent budget.

By all means criticise Jos Luhaky, but he can only work with what he's been given.