20 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Jokanovic teams play excellent football, he's had two recent promotions, this last one taking a team from the bottom

half of the table to a play-off win.

Bruce is going backwards, same as McCarthy and Holloway.

Jos has a safety first approach to games which totally stifles the way we can play.

He did a great job in keeping us away from trouble last season, considering all the injuries etc, but he needed to be more 

ambitious with his tactics this season. I agree, a change is needed, but it needs to be positive.

I concur wholeheartedly seat buddy ;-)

Jokanovic would be my first choice. Out of a job and plays excellent football. 2 Championship teams managed, 2 promotions achieved

• Like 1

For me Bruce would be a major improvement on Jos & better than most of the names currently being suggested as Jos's replacement. 

However as many have said I can't see him coming with our current financial FFP/P&S situation. If he does come it may indicate there is some substance to the investment /takeover rumours.

Edited by mogbad

7 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

I have previously poo poo'd the idea of Mrs doutfire or eveyones favourite dinner lady if you prefer managing us but right now i take him.

He won't come though as we (apparently) have no money and where ever he's been he's had cash and will be receiving a huge pay off from villa so why on earth would he come here?

Its a good question. I think its way better thsn any other options. I'm clinging to the question of Where's he getting a better offer though? He had no money to spend at Hull. And he knows and likes the club and knows what support he would get if he turned it around. He'll remember the fans at the play off final.

Could be a good fit....

Guest wilyfox
39 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Jokanovic teams play excellent football, he's had two recent promotions, this last one taking a team from the bottom

half of the table to a play-off win.

Bruce is going backwards, same as McCarthy and Holloway.

Jos has a safety first approach to games which totally stifles the way we can play.

He did a great job in keeping us away from trouble last season, considering all the injuries etc, but he needed to be more 

ambitious with his tactics this season. I agree, a change is needed, but it needs to be positive.

A game of opinions. Would Bruce be my ideal choice? No. Would I prefer Jokanovic? Yes, if we had a team that could already defend - which we don't. If we had FF, Lee, and Hooper fit, Jokanovic would be the way to go. Making do with what we have available...possibly not. Just my opinion. Both managers would go where the money is, so not convinced we could get either. 

9 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Just very successful in the Championship but I guess that counts for nothing 

It's funny isn't it. Everyone bangs on about how we need a british manager with experience of success in the championship. When we are finally linked to one with 4 promotions to his name suddenly we can do better. I think some people live in a total fantasy land. Who exactly do they think we can get.

• Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

If Pep Guardiola was linked with a move to Hillsboro there would be some Wednesday fans saying he's not good enough and we could do better.

"He doesn't know the Championship", "Can he do it without a huge budget"

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would take Bruce over JL.

But Bruce feels like a lot of managers mentioned with his best days behind him.

Wonder if his ex Sheff U connections would count against him if things are going badly although its over 20 years he was manager there.

Get what your saying, but I bet the Cardiff fans said similar about Warnock. 

Would Bruce jump at the chance to manage Wednesday - Yes

Would Bruce jump at the chance to manage Wednesday with nothing to spend, iminnent fire sale on the horizon, a team devoid of pace, players unable to play for various reasons, the club hanging above the drop zone, interference in the scouting and transfer policy, an aloof chairman, a despondent fanbase and a squad which looks like it's mentally weak and stuck in a rut - Hmm. 

• Like 1