47 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes 4 promotions from the championship, playoff final with Villa last season. Previously linked to jobs at Man Utd, Newcastle and England in his time. 

What’s he done this week? Waste of space 

Unbelievable isn’t it 

Football fans are known to have short memories

In our current plight he’d be a hell of a coup. Don’t forget the contacts he has in the game too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Unbelievable isn’t it 

In our current plight he’d be a hell of a coup. Don’t forget the contacts he has in the game too 

This is sounding very deja vu Heard all this before, prior to us signing Jordan Rhodes Reckon this would be a similar mistake

37 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

We need a change, undoubtedly Bruce would be an improvement but why would he come? No budget, likely embargo next window and an interfering owner. 

Interesting that Reading have 60 odd candidates for their vacancy. (According to sky). 

Probably all off their equivalent of owlstalk! 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Unbelievable isn’t it 

Yes we have an ownership that previously appointed unknown foreign managers Carvalhal and Luhukay. Now we are linked with Steve Bruce. We are fortunate that Nixon didn’t say it was Guy Luzon or Jose Riga.  The ownership isn’t changing, so people need to realise that we aren’t about to appoint the next Klopp. Who incidentally has spent over £300m to win f*** all so far.  Yet Bruce spending a fraction of that at clubs like Hull and Wigan and making those minnows successful is being laughed off. Us football fans are a funny lot

Edited by Southie_Owl

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They had far superior players to us back then, but had we built on that campaign, and continued our attacking ways, we’d be back in the top flight

Carlos' one big mistake that season - going from a fantastic pass and move approach, allowing us to keep the ball more, 

to a safety first option where we couldn't get hold of the ball for long enough to even create chances.

3 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Carlos' one big mistake that season - going from a fantastic pass and move approach, allowing us to keep the ball more, 

to a safety first option where we couldn't get hold of the ball for long enough to even create chances.

One massive factor in that was losing Keiran Lee. 

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Unbelievable isn’t it 

There's no doubt he'd be great and he'd my call if you could guarantee a budget

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

One massive factor in that was losing Keiran Lee. 

Hes been out so long now I think people forget how important he was to us,  he was for me one of the best central midfielders in the league 

I'd be chuffed if we appointed Steve Bruce. Not least because if he were to take the job it would mean,

1. The end of the interference in transfer policy from outside sources.

2. Chansiri being less hands on.

3. Straightforward answers in press conferences.

4. There is a plan and the finances to rebuild in the summer.

I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

I have previously poo poo'd the idea of Mrs doutfire or eveyones favourite dinner lady if you prefer managing us but right now i take him.

He won't come though as we (apparently) have no money and where ever he's been he's had cash and will be receiving a huge pay off from villa so why on earth would he come here?

We are in a right mess, ageing squad, low morale, facing a relegation battle. We need an experienced manager to settle things down and move us up the table without a transfer budget.

if Bruce can come in for a couple of years and make us an attractive proposition for a younger more progressive coach and even make us attractive to a new owner, he gets my vote.

I’m struggling to see many better, realistic alternatives 

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

I'd be chuffed if we appointed Steve Bruce. Not least because if he were to take the job it would mean,

1. The end of the interference in transfer policy from outside sources.

2. Chansiri being less hands on.

3. Straightforward answers in press conferences.

4. There is a plan and the finances to rebuild in the summer.

I'll believe it when I see it.

And I could crack out this picture weekly...

post-4683-0-31187900-1456526471_thumb.jpg.239cfa7200468c3591a48b3c613da221.jpg

20 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

They scraped a lucky boring 1-0 win, with a wonder goal. CC the forward thinking manager got outdone by a dinosaur

They didn’t scrape anything, watch the match back again, were it not for Kieran Westwood that scoreljne could have been embarrassing.