Credit Rotherham

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

They didn’t create much for themselves,imo the chances they had and squandered were gifted by appalling play by Wednesday 

Their first goal was an exquisite pass and the forward took it really well but only after we gave them the ball in a position that left our terrible defence fearfully exposed .

Not even the most one eyed Rovrum fan could suggest that the 2nd was anything other than a complete gift by Dawson 

For me, they shaded the 1st half and the 2nd was much of a muchness played out by 2 poor teams on the day who both are in a relegation dogfight already 

Poor game from both clubs

understand the point your making  but to counter it - it's a team game most goals, unless wonder strikes  can in some part be traced back to a mistake - our biggest was not sacking Jos 

Rotherham’s tactics seem to be get into final third as quick as possible, fall over and try and win free kicks so the big lads can go forward. 

Failing that try and get corners or long throws where again they can just launch it in the middle

The majority of there opportunities came from this type of play. It’s not pretty but can be effective 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

understand the point your making  but to counter it - it's a team game most goals, unless wonder strikes  can in some part be traced back to a mistake - our biggest was not sacking Jos 

I believe that you can’t say a team have outplayed their opponents and yet create not so much 

I thought the better creative play yesterday came from us but far too little of it we gifted them chances that they squandered other than the ball through for their first I can’t think of any other killer pass or piece of individual play that they achieved 

From our point of view for example  the ball by Bazza to put Reach through on goal was exquisite outside of the boot spin on the ball taking it into Reaches path creating a goal scoring opportunity not from a Rotherham error but from a great piece of creative play , equally Reaches pass for the first goal played with lots of back spin to save the ball skidding on was another piece of creative play by Reach not dependant on a mistake by Rotherham that’s what I mean by creative play 

We did not deserve the win because we were largely rubbish but so were they 

the difference at this min Rotherham are a league 1 team giving everything there supporters can see the effort they give and back them 100% .us well I didn't even celebrate our 2nd goal cant ever remember not celebrating a goal for us ,im totally embarrassed how bad we have become ,and how that total clown is still here , unless jos does his park the bus at west brom on the 29th I can see us getting our biggest defeat in many many years possibly 8-0 ,at blackburn last Saturday they could easily have had 8. we have had our 2 easiest games of the season in  Bolton and Rotherham could and should have lost them both . at Swansea next week im predicting we will lose 5-0 ,every manager can see how we play and have such a dreadful defence and 3 lightweights in midfield as well as the worst full backs in the football league never mind championship. 

11 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

We were awful but fair play to them, came with a game plan and stuck to it. Should have won if they could finish. Proper display of a group of players putting everything on the line for the manager, Paul Warne is getting the best from a league 1 group of players. We need to start showing similar fight in matches and it starts from the gaffer, won’t be here much longer Jos will walk if not sacked I reckon. 

TRUE, but they dropped two points through woeful finishing, and wouldn't have got one were it no for our keeper throwing one in.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

the difference at this min Rotherham are a league 1 team giving everything there supporters can see the effort they give and back them 100% .us well I didn't even celebrate our 2nd goal cant ever remember not celebrating a goal for us ,im totally embarrassed how bad we have become ,and how that total clown is still here , unless jos does his park the bus at west brom on the 29th I can see us getting our biggest defeat in many many years possibly 8-0 ,at blackburn last Saturday they could easily have had 8. we have had our 2 easiest games of the season in  Bolton and Rotherham could and should have lost them both . at Swansea next week im predicting we will lose 5-0 ,every manager can see how we play and have such a dreadful defence and 3 lightweights in midfield as well as the worst full backs in the football league never mind championship. 

the difference at this min Rotherham are a league 1 team giving everything there supporters can see the effort they give and back them 100%,this part i agree with.

The rest is just................................meh.

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Obviously you weren't at the game then.  Rotherham were the best team first half. We maybe shaded the 2nd half. 

Not sure Rotherham will finish below us. We have better individual players but they have a motivational manager and good team spirit.  Depends on how long Jos stays and who replaces him.  

I don't think either team will go down. Just pleased Joao wasn't playing for them. Big daft lad at times but fast and dangerous at others. 

Of course I was at the game. The stats back up what I say. Very evenly balanced game. The best chance to win it fell to Rotherham but other than that, could have gone either way. 2 poor teams, one playing on its arse, one at the top of its game. The one on its arse isn't happy being on its arse, the one on the top of its game is overjoyed with being below us in the league. 

15 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

the difference at this min Rotherham are a league 1 team giving everything there supporters can see the effort they give and back them 100%,this part i agree with.

The rest is just................................meh.

so I guess you didn't go to blackburn then? wigan etc etc . maybe losing 8-0 to west brom is a bit extreme but if they bring there a game and attack and we play like the last few weeks there is only 1 result a hammering . a new manager is needed now to access till jan 1st ,sell reach as don't think anyone else would go for that much and re invest in 2-3 to keep us up this season . we are in a group of 4-5 shocking teams Ipswich,bolton, Rotherham us reading . 

59 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

so I guess you didn't go to blackburn then? wigan etc etc . maybe losing 8-0 to west brom is a bit extreme but if they bring there a game and attack and we play like the last few weeks there is only 1 result a hammering . a new manager is needed now to access till jan 1st ,sell reach as don't think anyone else would go for that much and re invest in 2-3 to keep us up this season . we are in a group of 4-5 shocking teams Ipswich,bolton, Rotherham us reading . 

No mate,don't travel away,haven't done for 20 years,and your point is.

Pretty much where we've been for last 19 seasons then, apart from the two playoff seasons.

Fans should be used to it by now (Sadly).

PS Sell Reach and I'd really be worried.  The only player we have who doesn't get injured.

Edited by Lincs Owl

13 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Pretty much where we've been for last 19 seasons then, apart from the two playoff seasons.

PS Sell Reach and I'd really be worried.  The only player we have who doesn't get injured.

....or Pelupessy 

:picnic:

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

I wouldn't want him to go either ,but who else have we what can go for well over 5 million? if he was still knocking em in from 30 yards we would have a bidding war 15million plus,that would pay for jos out,new manager , and funds for 3-4 fresh faces and maybe use there contacts what clearly jos aint got. 

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

No mate,don't travel away,haven't done for 20 years,and your point is.

well your very lucky then you have missed some shocking performances. for those going 4 and a half hours to Swansea this Saturday chansiri should have put  on free travel cause I wouldn't travel that distance to watch our sorry lot. 

well your very lucky then you have missed some shocking performances. for those going 4 and a half hours to Swansea this Saturday chansiri should have put  on free travel cause I wouldn't travel that distance to watch our sorry lot. 

Listening to the matches on bbc sheff,lets me know how rank we've been.