Alan Nixon

4 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

?

Only aware of Bruce interest.

Alan Nixon added,

Ashley Lloyd @AshleyLloyd5
Replying to @reluctantnicko
Are Wednesday just speaking with Bruce or looking at others like Jankovic?

I was referring to an earlier reply Nixon made on twitter.

I've just read it again though and think I've misunderstood.

Nowt to see hear.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

How many games has Bruce won in charge of Wednesday? 

If we cant compare direct like for like I may as well try and do what you’re doing and look at facts that have no relevance to the hear and now situation. 

You asked what Jos’s record was like in comparison to Bruce’s, I told you.

Not really sure what your issue is here.

I have some reservations if it is Bruce but at the same time he has a bit of a point to prove which may work in our favour.

I have had concerns for his health watching him on the touchline over the past few years but hopefully with a bit of time off he's back to full health and prime beach buffness....

IMG_7244.JPG

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I have some reservations if it is Bruce but at the same time he has a bit of a point to prove which may work in our favour.

I have had concerns for his health watching him on the touchline over the past few years but hopefully with a bit of time off he's back to full health and prime beach buffness....

IMG_7244.JPG

Well we have looked lightweight this season.

Nobody could argue he would not add substance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon indicating on twitter that we've spoken to Bruce AND Jokanovic.

My sources at the club were privy to the conversation.

DC: "Hello, can I please speak with Mr. Jokanovic?"
SJ: "Speaking"
DC: "Hi Slavisa, my name is Dejphon Chansiri, and I'm calling from..."
SJ: (CLICK)
DC: "Hello?"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

IMG_7244.JPG

"Mr. Chansiri, before I sign can you tell me more about the full breakfast fry ups?"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

IMG_7244.JPG

Sun cream is for losers

Stevie is a winner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

You asked what Jos’s record was like in comparison to Bruce’s, I told you.

Not really sure what your issue is here.

No I think I asked I they compared head to head. Played 1 lost 1 for the day dinner lady with a vastly superior squad. 

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon indicating on twitter that we've spoken to Bruce AND Jokanovic.

And both laughed when we mentioned our budget.

Could be a new topic....well known people we have spoken to. Means nowt, the important part is did they say Yes or sorry busy wrong number.

4 hours ago, bobness said:

"Mr. Chansiri, before I sign can you tell me more about the full breakfast fry ups?"

Back in the day, though, Brucie's belly was an important part of his game.

Old Lead Belly's always had a big stomach, but when he played it was hard.

He used to buffet and body-check strikers with it.

It must have been like being hit with a sack of coal.

BRUCIE.PNG

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading fans pushing Nixon on their own managerial search. They’ve already been turned down by their first choice, Luis Castro, but according to Nixon, they’re now talking to Jokanovic

Gutted if they get him, he’s got to be the ideal appointment if we could tempt him up here. 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah, we’d have to settle for a manager who’s had 4 promotions from this league rather than someone who’s had 2. The nightmare of being an owl

That’s why I liken it to the Jordan Rhodes situation, his stats suggested he may have been a good catch for a championship club, as do the stats of Bruce For me at least, Jokanovic is a far superior coach, despite the stats

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s why I liken it to the Jordan Rhodes situation, his stats suggested he may have been a good catch for a championship club, as do the stats of Bruce For me at least, Jokanovic is a far superior coach, despite the stats

Certainly Jokanovic's teams play a much more attractive & attacking style of football than those coached by Bruce.

However in our current FFP plight where we probably need to sell one or two of our better players then wheel & deal in the bargain basement next summer we'll have to accept a less flamboyant style of play that doesn't give much away.  So in our current situation Bruce might well be the better option, at least in the short term.

17 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Certainly Jokanovic's teams play a much more attractive & attacking style of football than those coached by Bruce.

However in our current FFP plight where we probably need to sell one or two of our better players then wheel & deal in the bargain basement next summer we'll have to accept a less flamboyant style of play that doesn't give much away.  So in our current situation Bruce might well be the better option, at least in the short term.

Yes that’s a fair point, but it’s also where a coaches tactical nous is needed most Sure, both coaches have had success while spending a fair bit of money, money which we don’t have. It will then be more about their abilities on the training ground This is where I feel Jokanovic has the edge