Alan Nixon

2 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Suspect Swansea away is not on any new Managers list of opening games given the choice.  If announced tomorrow for instance would only have Thursday with the squad then travel Friday. 

Lose Saturday with Jos and new man in on Monday giving a few days with squad before Saturdays game. 

could be  just dont want to see that arrogant barsteward pardew sat in the vulture seat 

3 hours ago, prowl said:

How often do they keep the job if they win that 'one more game'? Not often, Megson is a case in point.

Once a club start looking the decision is made. You can't approach a new manager on the basis of 'the jobs yours if we lose the next game'.

If we are looking Jos will be off as soon as we find a manager desperate enough to take on a job where there's no money to spend and a lot of the existing players will be leaving at the end of the season.

Not forgetting the good ones sold in Jan.

11 hours ago, toppOwl said:

So to conclude this thread Nixon's posts are guesswork and no better informed than the man in the pub.

Good day.

9 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Looks like Nixon spot on with Bruce and Westy.

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Nixon's strike rate is pretty impressive where we are concerned. He called Jos well before he turned up at Hillsboro.

6 hours ago, steelowl said:

I've no longer any angst with Nixon I used to because as above his early posts were scattergun rubbish  but he's now got a little rep going and I believe he's fed by agents promoting moves for their clients  bit like a plug hole gathers all floating  rumours where else would he get information ?

lol

24 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Suspect Swansea away is not on any new Managers list of opening games given the choice.  If announced tomorrow for instance would only have Thursday with the squad then travel Friday. 

Lose Saturday with Jos and new man in on Monday giving a few days with squad before Saturdays game. 

Could be one of those, new manager in the stands jobs, before starting proper on the monday

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying he’s going to have a story in the paper on Sunday about us. He isn’t expecting anything to happen before that. Absolute crap from DC leaving Jos the clown in the job 

I think hes wrong

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Don’t know what he’s waiting for. Every point counts. Dross needs to go now if we are sounding out another manager. 

Bruce and Jovanovic both available.....for now

I'm assuming you mean Jokanovic, the former Fulham manager? Not the former Serbian player Jovanovic? If so yes, it would be a coup to get him.

Bruce, no, he's a  journeyman just looking to top up his pension.

I expect Bruce to be the only viable "best case scenario". We just dont have the appeal to Jokanovic with ffp. I'm assuming Nixon means Bruce is thinking on it till Saturday and honestly I would take him, 2 year deal, he won't take this team down and that's all we really need right now whilst we wait out FFP terms and in 2 years when we're ready to give it another go the cards will be in our hands re management. I don't expect Bruce to come but I honestly hope he dose. Don't buy this BS selling up crap DC has the financing to keep us long term, we were bought as a long term project and that's exactly what we will be. Some abosutly monumental **** ups with spending when we had the first go lets hope in a few years we learn our lessons, alot of people on here have known we've needed HW as an advisor again for a long time, I think in these seasons we're waiting our turn again that kind of appointment, even a Glen Rhoder type will be far more important for us than any manager who comes and goes.

Edited by keepitsteel89

Thing is if the new manager comes in quick enough he will have Westwood hutch jones Boyd maybe even that kid we signed from the dingles, Abdi, FF in a few weeks. He might even chose to pick the same defence for a few weeks drop joey and get the best out of Joao.

or we can limp on into the new year dying a very slow and very painful death under Jo’s.

• Like 1