Alan Nixon

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying he’s going to have a story in the paper on Sunday about us. He isn’t expecting anything to happen before that. Absolute crap from DC leaving Jos the clown in the job 

What good will it do even if we beat Swansea? damage is done and 99% of fan base want him out and have zero confidence in him nor do players.

Hopefully Chansiri is trying to sell the club and is leaving Jos in charge until it’s sold.

Imagine if on 20th dec Chansiri says that he’s staying put, Jos is staying put and it’s the fans fault for the negativity atmosphere.  Merry Christmas everybody!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MEGMAN82 said:

What good will it do even if we beat Swansea? damage is done and 99% of fan base want him out and have zero confidence in him nor do players.

I agree, he needs to be gone even if we get anything at Swansea. That fact DC hasn’t sacked him already is shocking. 

1 minute ago, matt68owls said:

so according to his tweet, he's planning to say something on Sunday but something might happen before that. these journo's are very insightful.

bit amateurish tbh 

whereas Biggs has the art of saying nothing down to an art 

I cannot believe that the decision hasn't been taken yet. It's ok seemingly wanting a new manager in place but fail to see any value in keeping Jos in place. He's lost the players but rather uniquely unified the fans in wanting him out.

All that is happening is that DC is inviting pressure and scrutiny on his actions which is unfathomable in view of the impending forum which perhaps sets the tone for criticism rather than constructive dialogue. While I've been largely supportive of DC's tenure, this aspect of his leadership really frustrates me. It's obvious change is needed and we are showing we've not learned from keeping Carlos too long and labouring to take necessary decisive action.

I'm confident the players would be reinvigorated and stand more of a chance at the weekend with the coach driver in charge, rather than Jos. The pressure he brings on himself and the team is just counterproductive now.

• Like 1

The problem with being a journalist is that sometimes you're in the know about things that happen.

Other times you're in the know about stuff that genuinely did NEARLY happen  - but then you're written off as knowing nothing because it didn't come off.

And yes I know "Hi Alan" etc etc... 

lol

Edited by 4MinsOfTimeAddedOn

21 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

A bit of an update from Nixon, not seen it posted, it's all clear as mud now anyway:picnic:

Screenshot_20181211-162318.png

So ,  we can look forward  to another tactical masterclass from Jos at Swansea on Saturday then :picnic:

4 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Really odd how managers get one more game to save their job - almost like all the games that have gone before hold no relevance!

How often do they keep the job if they win that 'one more game'? Not often, Megson is a case in point.

Once a club start looking the decision is made. You can't approach a new manager on the basis of 'the jobs yours if we lose the next game'.

If we are looking Jos will be off as soon as we find a manager desperate enough to take on a job where there's no money to spend and a lot of the existing players will be leaving at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

So ,  we can look forward  to another tactical masterclass from Jos at Swansea on Saturday then :picnic:

Might as well take the 3-0 forfeit then? As bad as Swansea are I don't fancy our chances against anyone with the Dutch ****** procrastinating on the bench.

13 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Don’t know what he’s waiting for. Every point counts. Dross needs to go now if we are sounding out another manager. 

Bruce and Jokanovic both available.....for now. 

I'd like to think we are just waiting for a yes from the preferred candidate to take over, hence Nixon's right now comment.

But knowing us, we may just be stupid enough to give Jos one last chance. 

Both scenarios concern me, any outcome where Jos remains for obvious reasons but also a candidate wanting time to consider, presumably waiting for better offers.