Alan Nixon

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

God although I want Jos out, I shudder at the thought of who will replace him.

This is the thing. 

No one with an ounce of intelligence is going to touch the job with a barge pole unless Chansiri can make some sort of guarantees with respect to recruitment, transfers etc...which I highly doubt he can with FFP/Profit and Sustainability. 

No doubt we will end up with some randomer who hasn't been managing for the last five years, but went for a Pizza Express with Paxo a few months back. 

It's all well and good Jos going but if we don't have a good manager coming in then what's the point? You can forget the likes of Bruce or Jokanivic as they'll want a club with a prospect of going up or with money to spend. For me it has to be someone with experience of the league but young enough to carry us forwards and not be a stop gap. I can only really put my finger on one name in that regard and it's Lee Johnson of Bristol City. If it were to be a stop gap then you're looking along the lines of an Ian Holloway type.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

God although I want Jos out, I shudder at the thought of who will replace him.

Yep. More then ever, we need a steady hand at the wheel. Someone who knows this league inside out, is able to wheel and deal and can get our disjointed squad performing to some kind of recognisable system.

If Luhukay goes and we make the wrong appointment, there may be no way back 

To be fare to the chairman he does not have hindsight like we all wish we could have. He had a good cv of German football he has promotions on his cv and I always remember his Ausburg sides hard to beat.  It has all gone pete tong and he does have to go but I really do think dc had only our best interests at heart 

• Haha 1