Alan Nixon

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Did he? I'd be surprised if that is true, he was announced as the Tel Aviv manager only 3 days after Gray was sacked. I can't imagine that we interviewed him in that short window. Not only that there was a long period of back and forth with Doyen trying to get Chansiri to appoint Petrescu during that time.

For anyone who missed this btw, have a read of this https://www.footballparadise.com/dan-petrescu/ It's pretty long but goes into detail about how we almost appointed Petrescu and eventually ended up with Carlos. It's an interesting insight into how football really works, with all the shady middlemen in the background.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

My guess is Steve Bruce.

I have heard this yesterday from someone who should be a fairly reliable source of info but as has been said I would be surprised if this is the case as I can't see Bruce coming to work with next to nothing financially.

2 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

How accurate is he usually?

That was a brave thing to ask on this site, I've scrolled through page upon tedious page on here of arguing over whether he's the oracle of the Football League or a clueless punter.

Long and short of is he seems to have some connections that make him worth listening to, even if he's far from 100% bang on.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

We won’t have a chance of getting someone of decent standard until DC sells up 

The chairman situation is of main importance IMO. Hopefully at the AGM we’ll have some news on that 

AGM? What are you talking about? No AGM as we have no shareholders

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Can’t see it being Bruce, he’s never had success without spending a bob or two Hope not anyway

This isn’t true. Go and search the 12/13 Hull City team that came second in the league. I’d snap someone’s hand off for someone Championship proven like Bruce.