Next season

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Far far from a fairweather, but then I'm not stupid enough to continue to throw good money after bad when lessons aren't been learned, fans are being taken for a ride and our club is a laughingstock.

There comes a point when it's ok to say, you know what I get feck all pleasure from spending my hard earned cash on the current shower.

Your choice,why criticise others ?

Who exactly thinks this club is a laughin stock,dem blavdes,rovrum,ya think on a national scale anyone outside south yorkshire gives a shiny shyte about the goings on at hillsborough ?

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Your choice,why criticise others ?

Who exactly thinks this club is a laughin stock,dem blavdes,rovrum,ya think on a national scale anyone outside south yorkshire gives a shiny shyte about the goings on at hillsborough ?

We always seem to be a great source of amusement for the sky pundits and that translates further than just South Yorkshire, granted not many people will give a monkeys one way or another.

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

I’d be interested to know who would renew their season ticket next season if Jos is still in charge. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 92, but I genuinely won’t be getting one if he’s still here

I wouldnt let crap manager or owner keep me away.....if i did I would only have seen about 10 seasons in the last 55 years .....

24 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Far far from a fairweather, but then I'm not stupid enough to continue to throw good money after bad when lessons aren't been learned, fans are being taken for a ride and our club is a laughingstock.

There comes a point when it's ok to say, you know what I get feck all pleasure from spending my hard earned cash on the current shower.

If we all thought that we wouldn't have club.    . . .you have to take the rough with the smooth .

I’m not a ST holder and in the past I’ve gone to about 7/8 games or so a season. It’s just too expensive to go regular. The desire for me to fork out £50+ on a day out that I won’t enjoy isn’t there. £50 is a lot to me. I know everyone’s circumstances are different. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Yes, I guess it's the reason why big money and football just don't mix.

We're discovering now what fans of other clubs have had to put up with for years.

What fans/supporters need to come to terms with is that Sheffield Wednesday is no longer "ours".

It's "his".

It's one of Chansiri's possessions, like his house, his yacht, his helicopter or his car.

So, in essence, we're taking out an annual subscription to watch one of his possessions, one which which gratifies us.

Finding analogies isn't easy, and the Guardian readers won't like it, but it's a little like taking out an abonnement to watch Taylor Swift wash Chansiri's car every Saturday afternoon.

As long as Taylor remains in post, and there's no hosepipe ban, the natives are appeased.

But if Chansiri took it into his head to replace Taylor with Colin, Evo or Wilder, then the fan base would soon get restless.

My guess is that they'd want their money back, and I don't see them renewing their subscriptions.

At the moment we ain't got Taylor in her bikini sponge in hand, we've got Evo in his swimming trunks - assuming they can find any to fit him, that is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

I’d be interested to know who would renew their season ticket next season if Jos is still in charge. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 92, but I genuinely won’t be getting one if he’s still here

Can really see you point here , think most can mate , I will be as my lad loves going , if not I'd be doing same as you, not because loosing streak but with him  how just sits there and doesn't get involved in touchline and supporting players, no passion at all 

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I guess it's the reason why big money and football just don't mix.

We're discovering now what fans of other clubs have had to put up with for years.

What fans/supporters need to come to terms with is that Sheffield Wednesday is no longer "ours".

It's "his".

It's one of Chansiri's possessions, like his house, his yacht, his helicopter or his car.

So, in essence, we're taking out an annual subscription to watch one of his possessions, one which which gratifies us.

Finding analogies isn't easy, and the Guardian readers won't like it, but it's a little like taking out an abonnement to watch Taylor Swift wash Chansiri's car every Saturday afternoon.

As long as Taylor remains in post, and there's no hosepipe ban, the natives are appeased.

But if Chansiri took it into his head to replace Taylor with Colin, Evo or Wilder, then the fan base would soon get restless.

My guess is that they'd want their money back, and I don't see them renewing their subscriptions.

At the moment we ain't got Taylor in her bikini sponge in hand, we've got Evo in his swimming trunks - assuming they can find any to fit him, that is.

That’s a bit of a weird analogy

0E597297-2994-44BC-AC0B-3EF698751D15.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

That’s a bit of a weird analogy

0E597297-2994-44BC-AC0B-3EF698751D15.jpeg

Very true, but finding them isn't easy.

I mean, where else would you find a large group of people willing to pay large sums of money to watch something substandard, owned by someone else?

I ain't paying those prices to watch Third Division football, which may well be the result of Chansiri's stubbornness.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lairyowl said:

Can really see you point here , think most can mate , I will be as my lad loves going , if not I'd be doing same as you, not because loosing streak but with him  how just sits there and doesn't get involved in touchline and supporting players, no passion at all 

For me it's Chansiri who's totally and utterly at fault.

I don't dislike Jos, he's just in a situation he can't handle with a group of players who've obviously now lost faith in him.

Jos isn't going to quit for financial reasons, as it will probably be his last job in football, and if we're honest with ourselves neither would we.

He probably wants out as much as we want him out, but it's down to Chansiri to sack him.

As yet, Chansiri has never sacked a manager whom he's appointed, Carlos having been lured away.

This situation is totally down to Captain Chaos.

He's not doing his job properly.

7 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I can do this all day every day fella,you wanna criticise me for supporting  my team without conditions,knock ya self out,i'll just laugh at you and the likes for being fairweather.

And yes i know you're on the other side of the world,before you come back with that.

When times are hard, is when support is needed more! Glad to see some supporters left. 

9 hours ago, Stoop said:

I've been a season ticket holder since the early 80s but won't be getting one next season if Jos is still here

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

There are more out there,maybe,just maybe they don't use this place.

Can see why at times, like swimming against the tide constantly. 

For what it’s worth, I’m excited by the prospect of next season. I’m fairly certain we’ll see: 

- clear out of this players resulting in less financial pressure

- reduced prices (although not enough that all are happy) 

- a crop of youngsters one season on in their development 

- a squad of players that are combative, resolute and able to play week in week out

Will it be exciting, winning footy week in week out? No, but I can watch Man City for that on match of day! I want to see my club rebuilt and sustainable success put in place not a quick fix gamble! 

• Like 1