Sitting on his backside all game....

nice as a player to see the manager obviously willing you on to win by being animated on the touchline , and on the other side of the coin just sitting there does nothing to instil confidence in the players ,and some need confidence in their ability at every level 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Might be old fashioned but I love to see a manager animated on the touch line. 

you cant be that old fashioned …..managers like Catterick , Charlton , Wilkinson didn't stand on the touchline......I can remember when we got relegated Atkinson spent the whole 90 minutes leaning on our dug out …….alex ferguson spent most of his time at old Trafford sat in the stand and didn't seem to put man utd  at  a disadvantage …….I honestly don't see what good it does to stand there for 90 minutes . 

Does anyone know what his assistant actually does?

He’s even less enthusiastic. 

The really confusing thing for me is we've had Bullen and Weaver dancing around the technical area all game today. Then the complete opposite with Jos and Remy just sat still for the whole game. 

I get it may not be his style. But if him and his no2 see leaving their seat as completely pointless, why have mainly Bullen, and occasionally Weaver, doing the complete opposite. 

What does Jos seriously think Bullen does in that situation, that’s better than he or his assistant could muster. I’m not buying the language barrier either, he can speak good enough English to pass on messages to the players. 

It’s an utterly bizarre. It’s like Bullen is some sort of cheerleader.

3 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Don't understand why some fans are obsessed be this. It doesn't matter.

If you want to comment on something talk about the bizarre team selections and formations.

The team (particularly the kids) is begging for a lift, they are flagging.

A little action on the touchline would indicate the urgency of the situation.  

Or just sit there with your hands up arse.

Not his style?  Then time for a change.

8 hours ago, LSOwls said:

I do get that but it's not the same as the amateur game.

I've played in front of 350ish people week in week out at some of my former clubs and couldn't hear a thing a manager was shouting. I can't imagine what that's like at Hillsborough.

The amount of prep in the professional game is insane. Each player should know exactly where they should be and how their opponent will play. The analysis team provide this and hours of study go into it. The manager shouldn't have to give any further direction.

Bearing in mind that about 90% of managers these days do spend considerable amounts of time in their technical area barking orders you should let them know that they're wasting their time. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

The RS reporter on P or G tonight said it was irrelevant that Jos wasnt on the touchline.

Ok then mr reporter.....then explain to me why every opposition we face at S6 have their manager in on the touchline? Are they just there to make random hand gestures?

And explain what two of the most successful managers of the modern era are doing right here.....

PANews_P-38d235f1-34bc-415f-9842-c5f1888ed417_I1.jpg

Don't remember Big Jack or Wilkinson ever standing up whilst with us

In fact no managers used to stand until Beckenbauer started the trend and Dalglish followed and even then they only leant on the dugout

Ramsey didn't even stand up when we scored a world cup winner !

Ps Jos is still garbage though 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

you cant be that old fashioned …..managers like Catterick , Charlton , Wilkinson didn't stand on the touchline......I can remember when we got relegated Atkinson spent the whole 90 minutes leaning on our dug out …….alex ferguson spent most of his time at old Trafford sat in the stand and didn't seem to put man utd  at  a disadvantage …….I honestly don't see what good it does to stand there for 90 minutes . 

Maybe you're right. Maybe it would make no difference whatsoever. But it would at least indicate to fans that you actually give a stuff about what's happening and in someway want to influence 

I see both sides of the argument but to me, if he's sat there doing and saying nothing, then he's happy with what he's seeing on the pitch. He's not bothered that defenders aren't tracking runners. He's not bothered that midfielders let players waltz through us. It doesn't bother him that we lack shape without the ball. We must be doing what he says when we win the ball and have a chance to break but dawdle with it around the halfway line until the opposition have regrouped then we try and attack.

He stood up during the game and the south stand cheered. 

The man has lost the team and the fans, I'm hoping his job joins the list too. And I rarely call for a managers head. I'd love it if he turned us round but I don't see it. He's up there with Irvine for worst manager we've had in years. 

At least I hope I'm right cos if it's not down to him but down to DC then we are seriously in trouble. 

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

i don't think where he watches the game from is important …….

It's not just about 'watching' the game though is it torry. For all his involvement he might as well be watching it from the back of the North Stand.....

on second thoughts perhaps we'd be better off if he was watching it from back in Holland or wherever he came from....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

i don't think where he watches the game from is important …….

Agreed.

If Jos standing up on the touchline made any difference, I'm sure he'd do it. 

Its the team selections and tactics that are wrong. 

Dawson penny Thorniley, Baker might make the grade but they aren't currently Championship players.  Playing in a losing team won't help them. 

I don’t think he needs to be screaming and shouting during the match. However you don’t see him communicate with the players or even getting any information across to them during the game. Even when we scored he just clapped in his seat. 

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I see both sides of the argument but to me, if he's sat there doing and saying nothing, then he's happy with what he's seeing on the pitch. He's not bothered that defenders aren't tracking runners. He's not bothered that midfielders let players waltz through us. It doesn't bother him that we lack shape without the ball. We must be doing what he says when we win the ball and have a chance to break but dawdle with it around the halfway line until the opposition have regrouped then we try and attack.

He stood up during the game and the south stand cheered. 

The man has lost the team and the fans, I'm hoping his job joins the list too. And I rarely call for a managers head. I'd love it if he turned us round but I don't see it. He's up there with Irvine for worst manager we've had in years. 

At least I hope I'm right cos if it's not down to him but down to DC then we are seriously in trouble. 

Agreed on all points,  but we're beyond being in serious trouble. Unless there is a miracle master plan than resolves FFP issues, that brings in a proven football manager, that allows us to retain 2 or 2 key players, this is as good as it's going to get.

Every weekend I just expect us to lose, and apparently we deserved to yesterday.